• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Terraining Contest #21 - The Stone Age

Status
Not open for further replies.
thread_hive_logo-png.311520

ct_terraining-png.311502
contest-png.311487
p_hash-png.311483
2-png.311475
1-png.311474

TC21_img.png

Contestants are to create a scene depicted in the Stone Age. That means that we're referring to the periods 3.4 million years through 8700 BC and its end. You may take inspiration from the Flinstones but staying true to reality's Stone Age periods is advised.

other_rules_and_conditions-png.311513

• No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  • All submissions must follow the current theme. If an entry does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
  • Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must contain a screenshot of your work
  • You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours. This means you must upload a screenshot showing a WIP (Work In Progress).
  • Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
  • Judges may not participate.
  • Teamwork is not allowed.
  • Offsite-imports may be used in the map, if and only if
    • They are fully credited.
    • They are public resources and a link is provided.
    • They were made before the contest launch date.
    • However certain resources might get approved by the contest's host or judge(s).
  • Map may be based on the The Ultimate Terraining Map 4.0
  • Image editing tools may not be used to enhance the terrain (however you may use them to crop).

other_prizes-png.311512

• First Place: 50 reputation points, your entry on the award icon
  • Second Place: 35 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 20 reputation points and an award icon

other_judges-png.311510

• Mr. Vacant
  • Mrs. Vacant
other_judging_criteria-png.311511

Creativity Includes how the theme was interpreted and portrayed. Note that there's a fine line between creative and completely offbeat. /15

Detail
Measurement of detail in design and overall detail balance. Impurities include rough edges, deficiency in execution, and general disorder. /15

Technique
Executional quality, techniques, tricks and overall terraining capacity. /15

Aesthetics
Overall appearance of the final entry as a whole, e.g. an entry can lack both detail and technique but still have an overall nice composition. /15

• 75 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 25 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

other_dates_and_deadline-png.311507

The contest shall begin on 13th of August, 2019 and conclude on 25th of September, 2019, GMT

Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Sure, why not - I'll try to cook something up :)

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

DSGamer and LordTurin joining? Hel yeah! :D

Oh wow, I haven't heard that name in sooo long. Hah, brings back memories :D - but yeah, I'll try my best to add an entry. Firstly, gotta finish up the art one tomorrow :)

Wow.. As expected from a legendary terrainer :eek:

To be honest your work is on the right track (you even made a concept art before the terrain - which is impressive). Hopefully we will see the final output of yours :).

Edit: My bad it was actually Nightstalker's art. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.