• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unforgotten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo recently I've done Water Structure and Asian theme scenes, now it's prehistoric! :D Here I post all the WIP screenshots as well as the final output as my entry for TC21.

I recently replayed Far Cry Primal just to get some ideas with how it looks at feels during Prehistoric period, it is the first game that popped out of my head when I heard that the theme will be prehistoric.

I will really appreciate feedbacks and comments!

Notes:
• Units are placeholders (usually used as height rulers/references), they may or may not appear in the final preview as they are often distracting to the scene.

Assets:
Survival Ministructure: Clay Forge
Survival Ministructure: Skinning Rack
Survival Ministructure: Rain Collector
Survival Ministructure: Shelter
Beach Umbrella
Other list of assets are posted here.

Final
full

Last edited:
Level 36
If it's supposed to be a cave, I'd suggest you subtly close it at the top of the screen and maybe you should experiment with stalagmites.

Looks a bit more generic with the mountain range behind imo.

Nuuu, mountains are way better.

Also, "Game View Mode", lol noob ;-)

-

I kind of miss the man from the first shot, tho, and I think it'd been really cool if you redid the scene to make the center of the terrain be a large crater valley that he is looking out across, preferrably with a big lake in the middle of it. The scale needs to be right though, so you'd have to tone down and scale the background mountains. But anyway, it looks promising.

Level 36
So, you didn't like the man or the crater idea :(

I do very much like how this turned out, even though there's no man or crater. And I especially like the cave that looks like an eye, with the sunset being the iris, pretty slick ;)
I only wish there was a bit more... Uh, content? There's basically not that much going on in the shot, I mean, the lighting is neat, the doodad placement is spot on and everything looks very tidy, but there could have been more of a story to it, more context, something to catch the eye. (Heh, heh...).

Overall though, a good performance! I know I'm late, but I still love that you're still doing this ^^

Level 36
Thanks! And you'll see more of me from now on ^^

I haven't had a PC for quite some time now, and just recently I got my hands on a toaster that I can use to be active on the forums. But it will be some time still until I return to terraining, I need a better PC for that. But I sure will when I can, I can't wait to terrain in Reforged! :D

Level 36
That's high praise, thank you!

We'll see if I'm going to be up for joining projects and so-such when I return properly to terraining, I've actually never really managed to do so before (Mostly due to laziness), but I think it'd be a fun new experience to try out once I get back into the saddle ^^

unfortunately I don't see myself moving in the remastered (for now - maybe), I'm not really feeling it. :)

Sad to hear it, I hope you'll change your mind once you see all the remade assets for Reforged, the doodads and all that especially makes me slobber when I think of what I could do with them :D

I don't want to disclose too much, but I'll let you in on a little secret: When Reforged comes around, I have plans for the terrain board, and terraining on a whole as a concept for our community, I sincerely hope you'll be a part of that journey and that many others will as well. Let's bring terraining back! :p

I do feel like Media section is to blame on why the Terrain Board is getting dusty, the audience are attracted more there than here (I've seen alot of good terrains there that weren't posted here), maybe if it is possible make the terrain board look like the terrain gallery in WC3C then maybe we can hook more audiences here (make this board look like a painting museum).

Level 10
I hope you'll change your mind once you see all the remade assets for Reforged, the doodads and all that especially makes me slobber when I think of what I could do with them :D

I don't want to disclose too much, but I'll let you in on a little secret: When Reforged comes around, I have plans for the terrain board, and terraining on a whole as a concept for our community, I sincerely hope you'll be a part of that journey and that many others will as well. Let's bring terraining back! :p

Interesting, I am intrigued

Status
Not open for further replies.