• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unseen

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is something i like doing in terraining, that's building structures, like piece by piece (I'm sure you have noticed that already). I've been building European inspired structures for most of my terrains and it feels like it's getting repetitive (kinda). I wanted to build an Asian structure back then but the problem is we don't have assets to build it back then, not possible until i saw this "Dojo Pack" from Blood Raven today and i finally feel like it's finally possible to build it for a scenic terrain. tobyfat used to make Asian terrains, but he build his 3D models before he put it to the world editor, i can't do a 3D model so i use modular assets to build it directly in the editor.

Here's my attempt. (Don't expect too much, it's just a test). [WIP]

Notes:
• BloodRaven used a base game texture therefore it is purple. Red is not available, i attempted to tint it to red but it doesn't look good.
• Also, dont mind the streched wood floor, i usually do that so i can use it as a ruler, you will not see it in the scene when the camera angle is set.

Assets:
Dojo Doodads - Fences
Dojo Doodads - Floors
Dojo Doodads - Roofs
Dojo Doodads - Walls
Other list of assets are posted here.

Final
full

Last edited:
This looks beautiful, you nailed the atmosphere on this one. The one thing you can improve is the small "structure" in the pond. The first thing my eye was drawn to was the moon and afterwards the pond, but nothing special was happening about it...The rest of the scenery makes up for it.
I also liked the version with the bridge, anyway, good work! :)

Yeah i actually tried to add an asian-themed fountain in there, but it doesn't really look good even if i use _oGre's waterfalls from his Refuge in Ruins map. I never liked the output so i had to remove it and just place a small structure just to fill an empty space. Lilypads dont work either, it conflicts with the aopearance of the waves i placed at the pond lol. I agree with you though, it looks ugly for me too. I might do something with it later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.