• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Ultimate Terraining Map 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I have some questions about this

1) The first screen says its under 4 MB but mine game syas its over 9 MB, Why?

2) Whenever I use this for one of my campaign maps, and try to open it through "Custom Campaign" a screen pops up in WCIII (not on desktop and closes the game) that the map is either corrupted or does not exist, Why?

I have some questions about this

1) The first screen says its under 4 MB but mine game syas its over 9 MB, Why?

2) Whenever I use this for one of my campaign maps, and try to open it through "Custom Campaign" a screen pops up in WCIII (not on desktop and closes the game) that the map is either corrupted or does not exist, Why?

2) maybe wrong path or errors in the script...

Level 14
it would be really nice (and epic amount of work -.-) if you would optimize all the models. there are tools for it. but for one model you need to do 2 click + opening model + export&import = a lot of work. it could significally reduce the total filesize. (pm me if you are interested and wantmore info or something). if you dont have the time yourself, then request the labour from someone else. :)

if anyone is going to make a playable map, then they might find this attached zip interesting, maybe you could include it in the next version, no credits necessary.
since w3 has a minimal size of 2x2 pathing textures, you cant make very hd pathings. what i did was every possible combination of unbuildable* and unpathable in a 2x2 block. if you are going to include these, base them off the normal pathing blocker, its basically the same thing (extended functionality).
each of these pathings takes up 1kb and theres 14 of them. so quite useful imo.
*there isnt a real difference if i make it unbuildable or buildable, since no building is able to utilize that space. the only difference might appear, if someone is going to use a custom summon or build spell, which has a condition of that point being buildable. with regular build skill and regular building there is none.

oh and you could add this to the map section :D. i always forget that it is here...

EDIT: /facepalm
forgot to add the zip xD

Attachments

• pathings.zip
    2 KB · Views: 67
Level 2
:O !!! ZOMG!!! BEST COLLECTION EVER!!! '<3' to all who contributed!!! :D!!!!!! So Awesome!! it's like every thing I've ever needed in ONE place!!!!

Level 3
Ok so i've downloaded this map, and its amazing. Job well done guys!
Only problem i seem to have is... Everytime i test the map, some of the models seem to loose their models, as in before i test the map they are all their as i go down the list of doodads, but after ive tested it, some that were their prior, arnt there now, and only show up as the boxes.

Any idea why?

Thanks

Level 10
Dreacon, where did you get the idea that it isn't playable?

Sorry, for not explaining myself enough. This is where I got the idea:

[...] The UTM is for making terrain, not playable maps.

Although, I do not yet understand if there is anything else besides the size of the map (in MBs) that could become an obstacle (while basing one's campaign map on it)?

Level 10
Is there some efficient way to import ALL the models into pre-existing map? For example, if I already have a map in development and I am to lazy to export-and-then-import all the models from UTM to my map but I still want to play around with them in my map to see what fits well and what does not (which is annoyingly difficult to do when importing models one-by-one because you never know whether you end up using it or not).

One more thing.. are path blocking and other elements required for building playable maps working in this UTM? Obviously, I want the bridges to be crossable, while rocks and trees should have path blocking effect.

Is there some efficient way to import ALL the models into pre-existing map? For example, if I already have a map in development and I am to lazy to export-and-then-import all the models from UTM to my map but I still want to play around with them in my map to see what fits well and what does not (which is annoyingly difficult to do when importing models one-by-one because you never know whether you end up using it or not).

One more thing.. are path blocking and other elements required for building playable maps working in this UTM? Obviously, I want the bridges to be crossable, while rocks and trees should have path blocking effect.

@First - there is no easier way than export-import

@second - pathing blockers are the best to use...

Level 36
There are more, the v4x is a prior edition to the v3, which is strange in itself. This basically means the v3 one is the latest one, honestly I think M0rbid should remove the v4x or something to avoid confusion towards people downloading this.

Level 8
This is awesome! But just one question; Wouldn't this make every map based on this atleast 4 MB huge? When I optimize it, it only reduce the size to 3.7 MB. I have to delete all the imported files that I dont use?
Thanks

Level 4
For some reason I can't get this file to work. When I try to import it to another map, the roof in the UT stops working. I would appreciate it if someone could help me.

Attachments

• [log] roof_brown shingles.MDX
    37.7 KB · Views: 113
Level 4
Yes it worked. I had to find where the original file was located to figure out which textures they were. Didn't know it had any. Well thxs :D.

Level 20
@xorkatoss: That's a bug from WE, not from the map itself. Try reopening the WE or downloading the map again.

you were right, i was messing around wc3 files and i changed the option that adds "wc3imported/" to any file you import so it will be empty and i noticed that most of the maps that i opened had all the custom imports at 0kb...

Level 6
Hey, how to open it?
When i open it, that wasn't opened!
They say:
- Level info data missing or invalid.

Status
Not open for further replies.