• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Ultimate Terraining Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Well at the request of our main man HernanG, here is the Ultimate Terraining Map version 3.

Information
This was made at least a year ago by DungeonM (Thanks Ghenjis) in which he compiled many excellent custom doodads from various creators and arranged them in an easy to access fashion within the editor.

This map pretty much suits any terrainers needs with over 300 custom doodad models imported into it.

I'm not exactly sure if there is a newer version of this map as i downloaded this a long long time ago off of the wc3sear.ch forums. If there is a newer version of this would someone be kind enough to send it to me to upload it in this thread and I will update the original post with the newest version.

If you want to see some of these models in action visit my Terrain Gallery. The indoor pictures utilize the custom doodads more than the rest. (Also updated with 8 new pictures)

Ultx.JPG
Assortment of Sunken Ruins Doodads

Ult1.JPG
Awesome Barrens/Orc buildings

Ult2.JPG
Such lovely greenery

Ult3.JPG
Miscellaneous

Ult4.JPG
Tour you own Sunken Ruins!

Updates

• Here are some screens of some of the doodads in this package.
  • Updated the map with a lot more models, some from previous Ultimate Terraining maps along with models from Mc !'s doodad pack. (Also placed the hidden models in the doodad list).
  • One new screenshot to show the added models.
  • UPDATED: Version 4x is out! 190 new doodads including HappyTaurens Pine tree package. Hope this fulfills yer needs.

Attachments

• The Ultimate Terraining Map v4x.w3x
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,996
Last edited:
Level 8
My apologies for the double post but the Ultimate Terraining map has been updated (By me, nothing official) along with some preview screenshots

Level 8
Oh wow! This has so many things (I especially love the pedestals and columns).
I'll update the map with these as i have no idea if DungeonM is still working on it.

If anyone can contact him I'd like to know if he is still pursuing this map or if it's fine if I keep updating this.

Level 7
I'm pretty sure WEU is outdated now, unless it was updated to the most recent patch. I will also send DungeonM a private message over at wc3c.

Level 4
[color=Light Green][glow=Green]Bjartmar is the best tauren of them all... xD[/glow][/color] Well, it is a good and useful map... :)

Level 7
Im having a problem... i just dled this and its awsome but I don't want to have to use weu to eport the models... is there any easy/quick way to export the models to my map without using weu?

Level 9
The "4th" version has the same problem as the original.

Credit is hard to find, unorganized and many are left out completly.

As of late I have been working on another version however due to the decay of time many models can no longer be found. This version should give complete credit to all authors and will have just about any doodads I can get my hands on provided it isn't too large in size. The goal with the map was to always keep the size low, potentially so it could still be used in B.Net maps.

Last edited:
Level 8
Im having a problem... i just dled this and its awsome but I don't want to have to use weu to eport the models... is there any easy/quick way to export the models to my map without using weu?

There is always my very simple tutorial, that i forgot to link in this post so ill edit later ....

And i tried to open Deckboy's uploaded TUTM (The ultimate terraining map), but the WE crashes always ... whats the problem ?

Level 9
Does this map have all those hidden doodads in editor unlocked on it? I noticed the hidden doodads and models were pretty good. Sorry if this is the second time, I'm planning on unlocking all hidden models and exporting it here. I'll give recognition however.

Level 9
That would be dumb, why would you need to export them 0.o . We already know all of paths.. And yes, it DOES have doodad data for hidden doodads (well most of them)

That's coz I find unlocking doodad models really tiring. My computer has really slow reading speed. And everytime I try to create a new model it loads for about 30 seconds as buffer time for the memory to be created. I can't even upload my maps home. I usually go to a cafe and log-in to upload some.

I think it would be PERFECT if someone unlocked all of them hidden models in this map (including the opther miscellaneous units and the rabbit humanoids)

BTW: MorLUne (the guy above me): I'll give u +rep for that post. I can't wait for the next upload......(don't forget the hidden models :) that's just a request tho')

Level 9
How to do it faster: close the layer menus in the terrain editor and then click on the button window and deactivate brushlist. things will go atleast 10 times faster.

The Hidden (Or forgotten) models will be in, plus about 300 others

check out the topic in the request forum to see the progress

Status
Not open for further replies.