• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

The Picture, take 6!

Level 36
lol seeing as I also didn't join any contest for over 10 years, now is my time to do so :xxd:

Wonderful! :)

Currently I will not set a deadline, but I might set one as we get going, depending on activity.

I separated this and gave it a unique title to make it more visible, you're not the first to ask.

-

I've also added the criteria to the main post for those who are interested, they are mostly the same as any official TC ^^
I also also may or may not have shamelessly borrowed something of @frostwhisper's >.>

Last edited:
Here's my final. Good luck everybody!

"In the land of eternal summer's gleam,
Where the golden sun reigns as a radiant beam,
There lies a realm of wonder and pride,
Where ancient shipyards and legends reside.

Amidst the dunes of glistening sand,
Stands the Sunbaked Shipyard, grand and grand,
Its timeworn planks bear tales untold,
Of intrepid voyages, of treasures bold.

The shipwrights toil with passion and fire,
Crafting vessels that dare to aspire,
To conquer the boundless, sapphire sea,
And dance with the wind, wild and free.

Each ship's bow shines with amber allure,
Woven with dreams and adventures pure,
Their masts whisper secrets of far-off lands,
In the language of ancient, salt-kissed sands.

Here, where the stars meet the ocean's embrace,
Legends are born in limitless space,
And the spirit of wanderlust takes flight,
In the Sunbaked Shipyard's radiant light.

So, heed the call of the ocean's roar,
Set sail for horizons never explored,
For in the heart of this sunlit domain,
Lies the promise of freedom, unbound and untamed."

Attachments

• Sunbaked Shipyard.PNG
    Sunbaked Shipyard.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 113
1712118530452.png

A really simplistic design tbh :c can't even hold a candle against heavy hitters above (and probably below this post) but its my first attempt at terraining and doing some effects.

And as for how I've done the dawn effect, it's a secret :D But I can say it's all in the editor without using Photoshop or the likes c:

I will add more decorations, rocks, animals and plants later on.

EDIT: Major update!

1712175797177.png

1712176687779.png

1712191410772.png

Changed/Added:
  • Watch Tower now has 2 sentries
  • Camp has a soft lighting effect
  • Added villager in distress
  • Added animals
  • Changed dawn effect slightly
  • Added plants, rocks and better terrain (while not modifying any height at all)
  • Removed "Strong Lighting" at campfire
  • Added a hawk nest
  • Changed tilting of trees
  • Changed sun flare effect slightly
  • Modified the hawk nest several times...
  • Modified the dawn illumination (according to a feedback, the reddish tones are far less intense, and more grayish tones are used)
  • Stopped using Screenshots folder, since those tend to mess with some textures and images, like the rooftops...
Resources used:
  • Light: Ultimate Terraining Map 3.0
  • Glow: Ultimate Terraining Map 3.0
  • Watch Tower: Mr. Bob
  • Clock Tower: stan0033
  • FallowDeer.blp: Stanakin

The dawn breaks, and the sentries are about to end their duties...
Animals go around, birds fly, while the sunshine appears from behind the town buildings...
Always a looming threat there may be, yet it seems no greater than racoons sneaking around...
Cart destroyed, villager distressed, looking for a way back home with his honest cargo...
The Watch Tower, once belonged to the enemies of old, now serving as eyes in the sky...
The reddish gray lights welcomes the day, and sends farewells to the dark hour...

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I will add more decorations, rocks, animals and plants later on
Nice. You could put those trees more into the ground with CTRL+PAGE DOWN (PAGE UP for raising) so you can't see their sharp edges at the start of the trunk.
Some doodads could be copied and edited in the editor to have an inclination so they'll look and fit better on oblique terrain.

Level 20
Lots of new starts today ! I love how they're all very different environments. We're gonna have every biome by the end if this keeps up. :smile:

And as for how I've done the dawn effect, it's a secret :D
I like the use of spell effects or here a projectile I think for sun/stars etc. but if it's dawn don't hesitate to use a stronger red fog by lowering the numbers in "map options"

Lots of new starts today ! I love how they're all very different environments. We're gonna have every biome by the end if this keeps up. :smile:

I like the use of spell effects or here a projectile I think for sun/stars etc. but if it's dawn don't hesitate to use a stronger red fog by lowering the numbers in "map options"
No, the sun is obviously like 3 or 5 doodads using projectiles, buffs and such xD but the skybox is completely unaffected by fog effect, so... I had to improvise a bit

Hello everybody, here is my first try on this event.
I did it with only regular models.

I also had some problems with lightings on the background but I'm kind of amateur in World Edit.
View attachment 468813
You can go to Map Options and modify the Fog... That way the map lighting will not screw with your results.

The map looks nice, though

Level 11
I'm really liking this terrain contest, so I'm trying to go at it.

I'm using an old idea I had for a map as a reference, but I'm still not sure if I'll finish this since I'm not so sure what I wanna do lol. But it's fun seeing how can I adapt to the given terrain.
What I'm loving the most about this contest is the amount of talent there is.

WIP01.jpg

WIP2.jpg

WIP03.jpg

WIP04.jpg

WIP05.jpg

I'll try to keep working at it.

So decided to make a final update, just added some falling leaves. Map download can be found here (it has been uploaded to my Drive, since Cloudflare doesn't allow for uploads over 100mb).

Final Framed.png

• Cattail - Ported from WoW by me.
  • Aspen trees - Ported from Skyrim by me.
  • Cobblestones - Ported from WoW by unknown, retextured by me.
  • Ravens - Ported from WoW by me.
  • Brazier - Ported from Skyrim by me.
  • Statues - Ported from Unity by me (original credit to "Manufactura K4").
  • Some of the trees (not the fir trees, and not the aspen trees), in addition to the road side rocky fences, can be found on xgm.guru here. They have been ported from Unity, so original credit goes to "Manufactura K4". I'm pretty sure I have modified them so they use .blp textures rather than .tga textures.
  • The falling leaves, and the grass models are made by B2M, and was posted in his doodad pack on wc3campaigns which is down at the moment, so I can't post a link to it. The grass model has been edited by me, to make the grass concentration a lot thicker, and also animated so they "sway" in the wind.
  • There is also another grass model in there made by @Fingolfin here. I have modified it to make the model shaded and fogged, rather than unshaded and unfogged. As a matter of fact, it's got an alternate animation that's unshaded and unfogged, so modders can choose which one they want to use.
  • Flowers and bushes from @Talavaj.
  • Support beams and other models by @oGre_.
  • Some flags from Dota 2, ported by unknown. Had them on my harddisk forever, but pretty sure I got them from here somewhere.
  • The rocks are found on xgm.guru, but I can't seem to find them now. They are ported from Skyrim, by unknown.
  • Ubercloud models, star/sun models, sun flare, glow model, all found in the UTM. Credits can be found in the UTM.
  • The ivies are found in @APproject's map The Struggle, and seems to have been ported from WoW by Approject.
  • The fern models I have no recollection of where I got. I probably ported them from WoW at some point in time. They can be found here in my scenic map "The Neck".
  • Can't remember where I got the sign post model.
  • The structural models can be found in my Skyrim port model pack here on Hive.
If I have forgotten anyone, please reach out so I can add your name to the credits.

Last edited:
Level 11
I have a question, the submission can be a screenshot or we have to submit the map so Celaquil can download it and watch in-game?

EDIT: 21/04/2024
My final Entry:
You can download the map on Attachtments.

Final Media Noche.jpg

WIP06.jpg

WIP07.jpg

WIP08.jpg

WIP09.jpg

WIP11.jpg

Attachments

• The Picture LovG.w3m
    95.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Level 6
Here I go again with an upgrade:
Marchombre WIP4 - The picture 6.png

Using:

I don't think I'll edit again, but you never know :gg:

Also, I was asked for the map, so I'll add it too.
You'll be in cinematic mode at start
  • press echap to quit,
  • type -day to see at start of day time
  • type -night to be at start of night time (wait a bit to have the view in the screenshot)

Marchombre WIP2 - The picture 6.png
Marchombre - The picture 6.png

Attachments

• Marchombre - The Picture 6.w3m
    21.1 MB · Views: 1
Definitely not me :grin: but I don't care. It was actually fun and bloody epic to see the terraining works done here! I entered mostly as an experiment, to see what can I do for terraining if I take it more seriously than normally.

FINAL ENTRY

Last screenshots, this time with a bonus c:

1712940172446.png

1712869225248.png

Resources:
  • Light: Ultimate Terraining Map 3.0
  • Glow: Ultimate Terraining Map 3.0
  • Watch Tower: Mr. Bob
  • Clock Tower: stan0033
  • FallowDeer.blp: Stanakin
PS: I divided the result in 2 different maps... Here are the maps :grin:

Attachments

• The Picture 6 - my entry at night.w3m
    175.9 KB · Views: 0
  • The Picture 6 - my entry.w3m
    175.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Level 6
Final entry: ingame screen
Looks really beautiful man :eek:2

But I noticed something, and I can't unsee it. So I'll point it out and hopefully you'll be able to fix it in time.
It seems to me, if my perspective is correct, that you have a floating wall on the right side. Maybe you should add something beneath it to support this structure :grin:

Otherwise, very nice scene, would love to know what ressources were used for it.
1712964959423.png

Level 15
Looks really beautiful man :eek:2

But I noticed something, and I can't unsee it. So I'll point it out and hopefully you'll be able to fix it in time.
It seems to me, if my perspective is correct, that you have a floating wall on the right side. Maybe you should add something beneath it to support this structure :grin:

Otherwise, very nice scene, would love to know what ressources were used for it.

Thank you mate for spoting it. It was not floating, it was set with rare degree. I have reworked that wall and added some shadows to improve the "penumbra"

Final Pre-Entry (2nd)
filaentry2.png

Models used:

Moon by Thrikodius
Sylvanas Statue by vindorei
QM Human Props by jixed (Arch and Round base)
Lots of Decorations 2 by Mr. smite (stone floors)
Cityscape Doodad Pack by HL_Vortex (Stairs and Stone Fence)
Glows and Shadows provided by Feelsgoodman demo maps.

Last edited:
Level 36
@Avahor, I'll continue @Marchombre's work xD

I suspect those are on purpose.

And yeah, don't upload these maps to the maps section, if you wanna share your map, just add it as an attachment to the final entry post :)

I may want to point out that your final submission has a strange case of a floating hand going on though, @Avahor ^^