• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Picture #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another update! :O

Attachments

• Picture #3.JPG
    Picture #3.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 147
Level 36
By the way, is there an award icon included in this contest like in The Picture #2?

I'm somewhat confused, to my reckoning there never was one, nor is one for The Picture contests, and not in the second one no... >.>

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/picture-take-2-a-105424/

Unless you are talking about the Mini Contest hosted with "The Picture" as a theme, then that one probably had an icon, but that was an official contest, so no, there will not be one, not planing on it at least.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
I'm somewhat confused, to my reckoning there never was one, nor is one for The Picture contests, and not in the second one no... >.>

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/picture-take-2-a-105424/

Unless you are talking about the Mini Contest hosted with "The Picture" as a theme, then that one probably had an icon, but that was an official contest, so no, there will not be one, not planing on it at least.
Alright, and I was refering to the mini contest, yes...

Well whatever, your well is a fine well as well and you bloody well know so.

I should have my first WIP up shortly.

Last edited:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Heres my another WIP in early progress.
View attachment 98186
As far as I'm concerned, that tile has no business as a road.
Unless that's a placeholder, I'd suggest getting rid of it :3

It's interesting though, besides that tile of course, I'll give you that.

Thank you for correcting me old chap.
I am oblivious however as to how this insignificant blunder of mine would affect my outstanding cool.

Regardless, 'tis time for an early and first 'work in progress' I dare say.
Do inform me if I've broken any rules.

Attachments

• WIP#1.png
    WIP#1.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 180
Level 3
Amg you guys did a great job,i think i'm already late...and seeing your progress so far makes me feel poor...anyhow i got here my first wip.

Attachments

• First Wip.jpg
    First Wip.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 149
Level 10
thanks :D, I will definatly look into better trees, the problems I've been seeing with the UTM trees is that they don't fit as well with the rocks as the ashenvale trees, I might try to fiddle with the UTM trees tinting and overlap the leaves with a standard tree. IDK, I only just started still a lot more framework needs to be done; since I cannot modify the terrain, does anyone know of a good water texture, that I could use to make a lake?

Level 3
Wow i hope i can finish this before the end of the contest.
By the way...i am the only one doing undergroud stuff?Anyhow this is my WIP 2:

Attachments

• Wip 2.jpg
    Wip 2.jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 144
Level 11
i think im joining too,kinda late tho
wip:
Picture 3.JPG
really having a hard time spinning my head around this picture concept...really test your imagination(which im fairly lacking),i hope i can finish the darn thing in time

Level 51
thanks :D, I will definatly look into better trees, the problems I've been seeing with the UTM trees is that they don't fit as well with the rocks as the ashenvale trees, I might try to fiddle with the UTM trees tinting and overlap the leaves with a standard tree. IDK, I only just started still a lot more framework needs to be done; since I cannot modify the terrain, does anyone know of a good water texture, that I could use to make a lake?

Look into the UTM (again :p) and search for the model "waterplane.mdx"
It looks quite awsome, and is transparent also ;)

Level 36
Bah, well. There isn't anything rule-breaking about it, so I guess it's allowed. Though, I dont know wether I am a super fan of the use, since it alters the proportions of the terrain quite a lot... Then, you can do that with doodads nonetheless, so yeah.

Allowed.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Bah, well. There isn't anything rule-breaking about it, so I guess it's allowed. Though, I dont know wether I am a super fan of the use, since it alters the proportions of the terrain quite a lot... Then, you can do that with doodads nonetheless, so yeah.

Allowed.
This was sort of why I asked about it.

Regardless, I might ignore that idea for this contest and I'll upload this on the side later, as I sort of like the way it looks.
Perhaps I could come up with something to keep the background intact, hence maintaining the original view.

I'm sort of inconclusive so I'll see where things goes.

Level 10
yeah the fire seems kinda stand alone right now, I think it would look a little better with something at the base of the fire separating it from the tiles and making it look a little less spam like; I am new so don't take my advice too seriously ^^.

Well, I still have a lot of work to do but. . . WIP3:

Attachments

• WIP3.png
    WIP3.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Level 3
So i have to admit that i don't have what i want...i tried a idea that was good at the beginning...but now i'm out of inspiration...i made a few improvements.Anyhow this might be my final entry if i don't get a big idea until the end of the contest,and i'm kinda disappointed by my work.:vw_sad:

Attachments

• Wip 4.jpg
    Wip 4.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 192
Status
Not open for further replies.