• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New "The Picture" Mini-Contest, yay or nay?

Level 36
Hola!

Since this has been on my mind for a little while and since it was recently brought to my attention (wink wink @deepstrasz), and since the most recent terraining contest, barring some debate, seems to be coming to a close, I'd like to discuss whether or not this is something people would like to see and participate in?

For reference: The Picture, take 2! and The Picture #5

Basically, the gist is that the contest's host, in this case me, provides a map with a preset camera and some preset assets and/or terrain elevation that cannot be altered or hidden, but rather should be added to or worked around in order to create a fun challenge for all participants to work from the same offset in order to create unique and interesting interpretations of what is before them to work with. Historically the host has also been the sole judge, and since this is a simple solution, I think that will be the case here as well.

This will in no way be an official contest, but I do have some fun ideas for prizes, should there be enough interest in running this.

Interested? Thoughts? DISCUSS!

Hey, I've been lurking in the old terrain threads for the longest of times (really just around 6 years or so), and always found those mini contests intriguing. Count me in if you host one.

Historically the host has also been the sole judge, and since this is a simple solution, I think that will be the case here as well.

Any number of judges is fine with me, just please no polls.

Level 5
Illbean says If it's SD, i'm in.

Last edited: