• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Mini-Contest #1 - Elven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Well, this is my pic. Kinda wierd (not my best one =/) But I have to join the contest, btw is it allowed to have 2 terrains in the contest?
Read that "Help with super terrain" thread and found out how to do :) But it didnt turn out very good =/ I'll use it anyway.

Attachments

• FlyingPic.jpg
    FlyingPic.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 268
Level 10
While others could not like the brightness, I like it. But the thing I don't like is the buildings on the right, some of them don't look to be on the platform, and the platform isn't really nice. Also some details, such as units and minor doodads on the platform would be really good to improve it.

Level 19
Brightness is just to make it look more LEGENDARY
like Nightelves those look at long distances with a herotic stand
all lame

Plainity is the best art

Level 10
We'll it took a while and I wasn't satisfied with the first one, did not look elvish at all, but I remade it completely so it looks a bit more elven now. But I'm not that happy with it... Anyway this is my piece:

Attachments

• Ziggen+MiniContest1-Elven.PNG
    Ziggen+MiniContest1-Elven.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 257
Level 12
My Entry: Elven Falls

Enjoy.

Lore: Deep in the sacred forests of the elves, a mountain stream meets a cliff and flows over the edge, forming a waterfall. The most remarkable thing about this waterfall is that, standing over it, as though a guardian, looms a natural statue of a humanoid figure, carved out by the rushing waters long before the elves even knew of this place. The elves treat this waterfall as a most sacred place, and indeed, its waters heal the sick, and its very vapor brings peace and magic to all who breathe it. Nowadays, however, the falls are most often visited by couples of young elves.

Attachments

• Elven Falls Final 1.jpg
    Elven Falls Final 1.jpg
    699.1 KB · Views: 189
Level 36
Alright, now I'm offisially in the contest, this might not be my final, but its close.

It is, as many of you might know, a picture of my own fictioned race of elves, the Black Elves.

EDIT: Did some small changes, for the better, I hope.

Attachments

• The Road 2.jpg
    The Road 2.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
Level 12
1. the sky is cut off on the right

2. some background behind the waterfall would look better (to the right side)

3. the bottom right corner is bugging me.

1. Yeah, I noticed that. Any advice on how to fix it?

2. Fixed (I think.)

3. As 2.

Attachments

• Elven Falls Final 3.jpg
    Elven Falls Final 3.jpg
    711.3 KB · Views: 139
Elven falls guy, zoom in. Or use ctrl/rightmousebutton to move around your camera. One of those will fix it. Your trees are floating on the right, add some shrubs around their bases, and in total, also some flowers would be nice, maybe even some rocks.
Mansion man, good job, but IMO, remove the glow and make a nice calm sky and everything. IMO, the ashenvale trees look ugly (the model), but you used them quite nicely, if you have time and the want, it'd probably look better with a different type of model or something. Then make some sedate village in the valley or w/e is beneath it, add to the mansion, whatever, anything better than glowgasm. Otherwise nice picture. Quite nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.