• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Mini-Contest #3: Post-Armageddon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
WIP #3 Suggestions are very welcome.

Attachments

• Wip3.jpg
    Wip3.jpg
    567.2 KB · Views: 152
Real Impact, why is there sand and dirt on the ground, when there was a road....i mean a city isn't in a desert you know...

Megafyr, outstanding...i like the shadow...but there should be light on the road..anyway good work. I dont really see that the Marine is standing on anything...it looks like you just lifted him up and put the wall so we dont see on what is he standing. You used 3 same car models...thats bad. You dont see same cars on the road, they are all different.

BTW: I'm not entering...i think i will suck seeing these sumbions...good luck all !!

Level 3
Oziris : Well, my story is that many years after the great flood, sands swept across the land, covering roads and stuffs. ( The main reason is that the road tile variation in HW is always random, is there anyway to make the same tile variation? )

Level 12
Megafyr, awesome as always.

I'm not participating in this one cause I failed after tryin a few times, these ideas were what I explored, just posting it here in case it might be a good idea to some others:

A more optimistic approach(I haven't seen any so far... right?) to post-armagaeddon, like a new tree sprouting out of a building ruin, or something like that.

A dark, stormy and more bluish/dark effect like the world was washed with a tidal wave/huge wtfbbqhax storm that killed everyone similar to the look portrayed in the halo 3 ODST trailer.

Attachments

• odst.jpg
    odst.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 126
Level 4
WIP for terrian contest,
Due to the amount of warfare that happened chicago is under acidic water
and the fires burn cause of the helicopters planes tanks missles.. crashing.
Humanity has failed, everyone is now a form of zombie, aftermath :D

Level 4
Sorry for double post, i messed up attachment in the first post
Trully sorry :O

Attachments

• Zombie.jpg
    Zombie.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 116
Level 4
You cant attach attachments in edit button..
oh shit o.o i just realized you can
Should i delete it and fix it or just keep?

Level 3
Anyway, my idea for the terrain is that there was a cliff near the city.
Ebisux, the fire at the bottom left made the building looks like it is floating.

Level 10
I guess i can post mine now, its not really that good anyways xD

Its a alien visiting earth many years after man-kind has destroyed itself.
165125-albums1303-picture11501.png

Yeah i know rock chunk spam FTL but it seems like the ground could look like that naturaly - at least to me.

EDIT: added attachment for Megafyr :) and yes the aura is suppose to be there.

Last edited:
Level 19
I guess i can post mine now, its not really that good anyways xD

Its a alien visiting earth many years after man-kind has destroyed itself.
165125-albums1303-picture11501.png

Yeah i know rock chunk spam FTL but it seems like the ground could look like that naturaly - at least to me.

I dunno what it is, but for some reason my computer can't see 80 % of your terrain screen shots with that hidden image thing.. Could you please attach the image so that I can see it? :' (

EDIT: Yay, i can see it now, I like the atmosphere! I think you should work on getting the cliffs look smoother though. Except from that really nice. ; )

Btw, were does everybody get the round-futuristic-fuel-barrel model? : O

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.