• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chaos. - Terrain Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Terrain Gallery.

This gallery is a little small at the moment. More will come.

Terrains
1- Sink Invasion. Terrain Contest #7 final entry. Theme - Small World.
2- Steam Punk Wasteland. Terrain Contest #8 Final entry. Theme - Steam Punk. Third Place.
3- Doom Machines. Modified version of Terrain Contest#8 entry.
4- Pre-Cataclysm. Terrain Contest #9 final entry, part 1. Theme - Cataclysm.
5- Post Cataclysm. Terrain Contest #9 final entry, part 2. Second Place.
6- Wooden village. Terrain Contest #10 unfinished. Theme - Surrealism.
7- Shadow Serpents. Terrain Mini Contest #1 final entry. Theme - The Picture. First Place
8- Boneyard. Terrain Contest #12 final entry. Theme - Horror/nightmare. Second Place
9- Surrealistic love Terrain contest #15 final entry. Theme - emotion
TC #7.jpgTC #8.jpgTC #8 (modified).jpgTC #9 Pre-Cataclysm.jpgTC #9 Post Cataclysm.jpgTC#10.jpgMini Terraining Contest #1.jpgBoneyard.jpgFinal.png

Wooden village - I never had time to finish this terrain. Thus, the reason why there is no surrealism in it. That part was to come. Now that the contest is over I have no desire to finish it. That being said, if there is anyone that would like the map, whether it be for a project of your own or just for the sake of seeing how it was made, here is the map. No pathing has yet been added so it isn't playable.
View attachment Terrain Contest Surrealism.w3x

Last edited:
Level 15
TC#7

Love the perspective

TC#8 (modified)

Epic, I actually like the un-finished one better for some reason (more realistic? I dunno)

Mini-TC#1

Very creative use of doodads and incredible job with the sunset/reflections. Though I think the red SFX ruin the theme.

Level 6
I really love all of your terrain Choas. But, I have a quick question. How do you turn a model in the works editor? Example: on your 7th pic, how did you turn the well to make it sitting on its side?

Level 15
@Havenblood, In the OE there is a setting called "maximum pitch angle". Hold shift and double click on it. This will allow you to make negatives. -1.57 is the number to put it on it's side. Here is a pic that I made for a tutorial that I haven't yet had time to finish, but have been working on little by little. It shows you all the different rotations.
Doodad Rotation.jpg
When I make terrains I normally make about 3-7 different variations of the same doodad but with different rotations. This adds variation to the terrain and makes your constructions less monotone.

@everyone else, thank you for the encouraging comments. They are greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.