• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Mini-Contest #2 - Mysterious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Ok, I'll work some more on the foreground later then. And raid1000, the fogz? D:
It was very easy to do, I just have a normal sky and normal fog, and then I have the Wind weather effect at the mountains. I don't know how it turned out that way but it was nice so I let it be that way ;P

Level 7
Oh, nice background Ziggen :D
Well heres my entry, may change it later though

Attachments

• worldedit 2009-03-04 15-05-48-98.jpg
    worldedit 2009-03-04 15-05-48-98.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 260
I dunno, sometimes void's stuff isn't all that great, I actually think that some of raid's stuff surpasses void's. Either way, I don't think there's *one* master terrainer that beats all others, everyone has their specialties, at some things, void may suck while I dunno, naze, may beat him by a shitload.

Anyway. I don't think I'll make one for this one, I got kinda bored of what I was doing. Plus I hate terraining nowadays, unless I really get *that* one thing.

Level 36
I dunno, sometimes void's stuff isn't all that great, I actually think that some of raid's stuff surpasses void's. Either way, I don't think there's *one* master terrainer that beats all others, everyone has their specialties, at some things, void may suck while I dunno, naze, may beat him by a shitload.

Anyway. I don't think I'll make one for this one, I got kinda bored of what I was doing. Plus I hate terraining nowadays, unless I really get *that* one thing.

Belg my friend. MadseN ... >.>

Level 17
I made it in 2 minutes. yay. I started to make a volcano =D. You can see the edge of the map and I don't get the line of mushrooms and flowers I put next to the cliff that was supposed to be the previously mentioned volcano. yay

Level 17
Is this better?
MysteryMore.jpg

The only custom doodads I used were the trees because I did not use the UTM because I did not plan on making anything =D

Last edited:
Level 10
Much better. But you should set the starting fog to like 1000 or something and the end value shoudl be increased, because atm it's too green at the back. And the blue moonlight doesn't really fit together with the green fog.

Level 17
At least it's better than the first one =D.

I accidently didn't save the map when I closed it and now I'm not sure how much I lost.

Level 2
I don't usually post much here at the Hive, but this contest's theme seemed pretty cool. I figured I'd try it out at least.

Title: The Arrival

Attachments

• thearrival3.jpg
    thearrival3.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 44
Level 19
the aliens have captured ~Void~ and try to make him tell them about the secret location of the infamous n4ru70 5p3llp4X! whit the power of this pack the aliens can learn the ancient language of our forefathers "1337 speak"!
OH NOES!

Status
Not open for further replies.