• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Mini-Contest #1 - Elven

Status
Not open for further replies.
omg...................................................................................................................................................................................................... what the fuck dude?! D:

not that i don't love you.. but just.. --> D:'

(your avater, no MY AVATAR + the signature D:) :weekani:

Last edited by a moderator:
omg...................................................................................................................................................................................................... what the fuck dude?! D:

not that i don't love you.. but just.. --> D:'

(your avater, no MY AVATAR + the signature D:) :weekani:

Off Topic:
Chill man, just chill....me is only a Fan of you, fan of Goblins. It all began when i saw your signature and opened the links and saw you art :D ME HAPPIE!!!!!

On Topic:
Cant wait too see Mr.Goblins terrain!

Level 12
This is my entry WIP - It's some sort of cave where a powerful demon hunter's grave is in. It is protected by night elven assassins who believe the power is too much for anyone to possess.

And I just realized something called UTM exists, may be redoing it. lulz

anyway if this is my final submission, credits go to:
Tranquil for "Ceiling rays"
inico for "Dead Night Elf in Altar"

thanks for the great models :D

Attachments

• nelf5.jpg
    nelf5.jpg
    561.3 KB · Views: 170
Level 12
Updated my Terrain a little bit. I still haven't managed to fix the sky. I think I'm probably going to have to copy and paste the whole thing to a new map unless anyone has a better solution.

Anyway, enjoy.

Attachments

• Elven Falls New.jpg
    Elven Falls New.jpg
    710.4 KB · Views: 158
Level 10
@CoBrA b
Try, if you can, putting a large rock with a texture similar to the type of rocks around the waterfall blocking that fucked up portion of the skybox. It shouldn't have to be too big, but if it needs to be and the texture turns out really ugly, at least you've met our good friend the skybox.

Level 12
Okay, I managed to fix the sky (if you can call it "fixing"). I'm not sure if the giant rock looks that good, but it certainly doesn't look as bad as the screwed up sky.

Attachments

• Elven Falls New New.jpg
    Elven Falls New New.jpg
    708.8 KB · Views: 107
Level 12
Updated my Terrain a little bit. I still haven't managed to fix the sky. I think I'm probably going to have to copy and paste the whole thing to a new map unless anyone has a better solution.

Anyway, enjoy.

Holy shit! I just found a way to solve it!

Hold these buttons: CTRL + SHIFT + Mouse Right Button and drag your cursor away from the ugly area until desired.

Cheers

Level 10
Belgarath, if you wanted to make like a panorama with the city, well, you shouldn't have put that giant archer near it. I suggest you to raise everything in the first pic, make the archer near and remove the giant archer in the background. Then let everybody understand that it is really far and it will be really nice.

Level 4
Belgarath, if you wanted to make like a panorama with the city, well, you shouldn't have put that giant archer near it. I suggest you to raise everything in the first pic, make the archer near and remove the giant archer in the background. Then let everybody understand that it is really far and it will be really nice.

I understood it as a somesort of miniature version of a city, or something like that. If it was supposed to give a feeling it is far away, I doubt he would have put that huge log next to it.

Level 10
Hooray, got something in, be it sub-par.

@ Belg.
Very nice. I see that your elves are quite small. It reminds me of something that would be in like, Minish Cap. The only thing that annoys me is the amount of flowers all over the grass, but it's not too bad.

@ Cobra
Yea, the rock doesn't look too bad but it's an ashenvale rock so the color is off from that of the rock ground texture you're using. Try it with a lordaeron rock or attempt to photoshop it as suggested, because the skybox overlapping the waterfall looks like shit.

Attachments

• At The Gates.png
    At The Gates.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 185
Level 10
How the nips do I cover up the wall besides for spamming it with trees, or making it a bunch of smaller ones?
EDIT: You know, the stretched textures problem may be my super weakness.
--
I'd rather not use the white dalaran bricks. I see your point with how it would fit more, but I didn't want some grand tiled road leading to it. Though it's a good idea for the little raised section.

Level 36
Then at least something other than the brown cobbles. Anything that will preserve the contrast, the brown really doesn't fit. How about the gray round tiles from cityscape?

And the best way to cover up the stretched textures is by deleting the walls you made and making better walls out of more, smaller parts.

Also, try putting some buildings or something behind that gate, right now it seems there is just empty space.

Level 12
Elven Falls Final Draft

Here she is, the final draft of Elven falls. Enjoy.

Attachments

• Elven Falls Final Draft.jpg
    Elven Falls Final Draft.jpg
    703.4 KB · Views: 209
Level 19
isn't today the deadline? anyway i wish you all good luck
may teh best terrain win the measly 5 rep points

Level 11
Lithien

Well, here's my submission. Would have done sky, and many other things if my eyes weren't bleeding from looking so long in the monitor.

Updated #1

Attachments

• Lithien 01.jpg
    Lithien 01.jpg
    672.3 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.