• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Mini-Contest IV: Build me a dream castle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
I dont agree with the guard thing >.> Units rarely look good in terrains, unless its some freaking high poly shit that is awesome, or something that is rated DC. Also, fish would look ugly in that terrain, the lilly pads is a good idea, and the tendrils would fit where you pointed out. And yes, the indoors terrain can be improved, much. Overall it is a nice terrain Megafyr ;)

Here is my Epic Update, enjoy it.

Attachments

• Castle3.JPG
    Castle3.JPG
    238 KB · Views: 228
Level 36
Lame. Not at all good in any way. The lighting is way too bright, the overall structure could use some work. Those trees don't really fit. The tile variation is kinda crappy, maybe you should try adding some different tiles. Don't use those rocks like that, it fails. Oh, and by the way, did I mention that you need to fix the lighting? Yeah you need to fix the lighting. Um... and then the inside of the castle, the models are way too stretched, and is that a.....

Shit, blew my cover. Fag.

I know that the tile variation is crappy, but how do i fix it?
I will import the epic rocks, no worry.
I will fix the brightness, and shadow a bit.
Models are stretched, huh? lol the only thing that is stretched is your mouth, i mean i made everything small, how can any doodad be stretched when they are all below 0.6 and some of them are even 0.1 !?!??!? Explain please.
Is that a what? i blew your cover? i did not understand a word you said now.

Raid1000, what does gtfo mean? i wanna know so that i can use it in the future :)

Level 10
Not bad Oziris, but at least 1 of those roofs is at wrong angle and they need to be tinited closer to the wall collors.

Level 19
I'm going to go ahead and move the deadline a little closer since there doesn't seem to be any more entries coming in. The contest now ends tomorrow at midnight. Another reason for this is so I can get TC7 started before exams.

Damn... I was gonna make a new inside terrain, but I wont make it now, cuz I'm gonna PARTEY. Here's outside terrain updates.

Attachments

• CASTLE TERRAIN 1 (2).png
    CASTLE TERRAIN 1 (2).png
    2.1 MB · Views: 233
  • CASTLE TERRAIN 2 (2).png
    CASTLE TERRAIN 2 (2).png
    2.7 MB · Views: 236
  • CASTLE TERRAIN 3 (2).png
    CASTLE TERRAIN 3 (2).png
    2.1 MB · Views: 226
Level 36
I'm telling you, that light blue preset works for anything xD

Anyways, I don't really see any more entries coming in, so here's the results.

1st place: Corexx: Fuck yeah high res that's actually done nice. Good construction, innovative, awesome. Nothing more to say. +5 Rep
2nd place: Megafyr: Nice environment, but this was about the castles and... well... yours isn't too impressive. It just looks like a whole bunch of walls.
3rd place: Oziris: Very messy, the scaling is odd, the atmosphere is terrible, the trees look ugly as hell. Keep working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.