• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creativity mini test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
ok heres my proposal people can make awsome maps with awsome doodas and awsome models, but lets take it back to when you were a little nipper and when you could have entire adventures with just mud and a few stones . . . . so i thought as i'm older now everything should be bigger better and more extreme.
so this brings me to my challenge, it is to go back to basics and biuld an entire map uesing only one model, this model can be obtained in any way, feel free if you have enouth time to produce and entrie scene out of one model i'll give you credit for the texturing . . xD, but the onle rule is what ever modle you chose you must make the entire map out of it.
you are how ever allowed to use ground textures again only one ground texture, water may be used jjust so you get diversity.
i found this challeneg envigerated me opend my mind then imedeatly closed it when i made a few bits of it and the color scheme i had at the time seemed to fit mirros edge so i went with it, my maps is no where near finnished (and proberbvly gonan do a completely diffrent idea . . but still) but this is an exsample to get your minds flowing.
There is no prize and is mearly a way of opening your mind to diffrent ways of terrianing hope you all have fun i know i did . . xD
55676d1243545431-some-terrians-map1.jpg
55677d1243545431-some-terrians-map2.jpg
55678d1243545431-some-terrians-map3.jpg
55679d1243545431-some-terrians-map4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 36
Ok, well I like it a lot, but one suggestion. Maybe try making what is currently an eye-burning white a more greyish color? Even a dark gray would look totally awesome. It's just so damn hard to see when things are piercing white like that.

Another thing, if you set the fog start to 0 it is a lot easier to see the depth of things, because I notice that right now (since the blocks don't really have a texture) it's very hard to make out objects.

Level 10
the color scheme i had at the time seemed to fit mirros edge so i went with it, my maps is no where near finnished (and proberbvly gonan do a completely diffrent idea . . but still) but this is an exsample to get your minds flowing.

so yeah it "might" resembal mirros edge also it really isnt finnished yet so fog all i did was set it to grey, the glearing whites is part of the mirros edge theme specaled with out bursts of simple prime colors, but cheers for the advice and comments.

*Disclaimer . . . . xD*
btw i really didnt intend this to look like mirros edge at first but when i made my first colors they fitted the scheme and i thought mehh, and like all my maps this is going to be a playable map if i chose to use it.

Level 10
that is a fair piont . . xD but as i've been adding to it the white becomes more interlayed with other colors and "starts" to look better but the glearing . . ness wont change . . . ish . . xD

just an observation from looking at most peoples Screenies is that alot of people have this concept of making a map for one single screen shot . . . i kinda prefer the map to be nice when you just zoom around it in the editor . . . . . but then i can see how this dosnnt always make for good photography . . but just an opinuion

Attachments

• adds1.jpg
    adds1.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 222
  • aditions2.jpg
    aditions2.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 166
Level 10
that would make sense then . . . xD . . . . but then again shame on you . . . . and your none actual playable maps . . but then again you do make really nice screen shots even tho you could always go over a few of them (again just a sugestion) and update the old pics . . saying that i love the walking citys one for me its just the shizz

Last edited:
Level 6
You know what makes me mad? People (like void up there who needs to get some sun because the white on his computer screen blinds him) are yelling at you to change the color of the doodad, when they should be looking at the fact that you made this whole thing out of rectangles.

Level 10
lol people are alowed their own opinuions so they can be critical if they wish . . . but this dose lead me to the question dose any one else think they can take up the challenge . .

Edit------Extention

ok a couple things
1. is i might do this competion in the same style as the UTM and release the map with the texture and model imported and say biuld what you want.
2. is i leave it as it is.
. . . and . . .
3. is any one gonna take up the challenge
also i have a compultion to put up more pics of this cos its really adictive making random shizz for it.

Attachments

• 1block2.jpg
    1block2.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 1block3.jpg
    1block3.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 132
  • 1block1.jpg
    1block1.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Level 9
The simplicity makes this map so great...

APPROVED with 5/5 rating...

REASON:The user shows his creativity though terrain which is out standing!

:spell_breaker: The_Grapist :spell_breaker:

Level 10
Now i've jst started creating a background for it and making it into a full map . . . buyt teh city scape so far for me inst doing it justice can any one help with ideas and maybe sugestions for ways of improving it

Attachments

• scape1.jpg
    scape1.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 112
  • scape2.jpg
    scape2.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 135
  • scape3.jpg
    scape3.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 148
Level 10
yeah i've just turned it into mirros edge themed so i just biuld it in the same style . . . . .
well the idea is to biuld a full city scape in the back ground so i think diversity is a good idea i'll tint another few blocks shades of white and grey for biulding the city scape . . but tis not easy when working from just one block you know . . . .

Level 10
i've been working on the back grond even more but it really is slow work and is starting to get quite prosesor intensive with 4733 doodads . . . but still cracking on but at the moment i'm gonna have to take a break for a couple weeks becuase of college work and the likes i thought id just upload some the latest pictures . . hopefully get some more attention to this thread . .

Attachments

• scape10.jpg
    scape10.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 124
  • scape14.jpg
    scape14.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 100
Level 10
the best thing about this map is it would be really easy to add pathing to it tho the final project when i get time again to carry on with it will be a video run throgh of it, but thats a long time comming . . .

Edit: dose that answer your question velm

Level 15
the best thing about this map is it would be really easy to add pathing to it tho the final project when i get time again to carry on with it will be a video run throgh of it, but thats a long time comming . . .

Edit: dose that answer your question velm

Kind of.

Status
Not open for further replies.