• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Mini Contest] The Picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Here's my wip (progress: @ 60% )
WIP.PNG

Level 15
WIP it.

Shadow Serpents
Mini Contest Wip 6.jpg

Still needs alot of work on the smaller details. And hopefully I'll be able to add in an epic sky.

Level 19
Is that water reflection photoshopped or not? If not I would very much like to see some proofs of it.

lol?
Where's the constructive critism and/or nice comment? Don't be so mean by immediatelly thinking bad that he faked the reflection.
Not cool!

Level 36
lol?
Where's the constructive critism and/or nice comment? Don't be so mean by immediatelly thinking bad that he faked the reflection.
Not cool!

I am the judge of this contest, so I wont give any criticism to any users, that would only be biased. And I was simply asking if it was photoshoped, and if it wasn't then I wanted him to prove that it wasn't.

Level 4
I like that lava crack thing you did, but the sun looks like Jupiter.

...and the dragon things ruin the otherwise awesome environment.

Level 15
I like that lava crack thing you did, but the sun looks like Jupiter.

...and the dragon things ruin the otherwise awesome environment.

The sun will look better with an improved sky (hopefully)

The dragons are my favorite part of the terrain. No way I'm getting rid of them. lol

Level 12
Ill join. I finally passed my exams, so I have 4 weeks holiday.

The very critical point is the single pillar at the stairway, and most of the terrains dont have smooth usage of that pillar. It is just there with no purpose. So I guess, it must be part of something bigger, it can be part of ruins, but it can also be pillar which holds the roof. And becouse it is from moria doodads, it must be something in that theme.

Level 36
The very critical point is the single pillar at the stairway, and most of the terrains dont have smooth usage of that pillar. It is just there with no purpose. So I guess, it must be part of something bigger, it can be part of ruins, but it can also be pillar which holds the roof. And becouse it is from moria doodads, it must be something in that theme.

I am not completely sertain if this is meant as a small complaint or as a notion, I am going to presume it is a complaint, since I dont see a reason for posting such a long text about a simple observation.

The very point of this contest is the challange of having something preset to work with, to be creative with what you already have.

And I have to agree with Restor on the portal picture Archipelago. Not saying it isnt allowed, just saying that it might, just MIGHT affect your score on how well you use the preset doodads.

Level 23
My final submission:

Avalon, the holy island, that once sunk into the deep ocean, pulled up to the surface of the sea again. Only a few ruins now remain of this magic island but still the fire of the old magic is alive and fog covers the island in a dusty coat, to hide it from the exploration of unworthy humans. Only a few humans will ever take a look on the woods and hills of avalon and on the mystic ruins on it.

My final submission: Did't find another fire for it, so it has to stay.
Worked a little on the sund by adding clouds to get a more foggy look, edited the fog itself, to get a sharp look next to the camera.

Attachments

• RuinsOfAvalon(final).jpg
    RuinsOfAvalon(final).jpg
    523 KB · Views: 315
Level 12
Final Submission

Yeah, I know it's the same as the first one, but I couldn't think of anything to change and would have been too lazy to do so if I had.

Good luck to everyone.

71977d1261756393-mini-contest-picture-temple-azoren.png

Attachments

• The Picture Take 13.w3x
    5.5 MB · Views: 38
Level 15
Well unless I can find some free time later today, then this is mah final. I know that it could use some more touch-ups and detail but that'll have to do. It's not perfect but I like it. Hope that you guys do to.

SHADOW SERPENTS
Final.jpg

Level 19
I'm not excited.
I just noticed 1 person will judge it, and usually that means it's more a matter of the taste of 1 person instead of multiple. Would've been better to have 2-3 judges or a poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.