• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Picture, take 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
[rainbow]my WIP[/rainbow] :D

Attachments

• TT.png
    TT.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 279
Level 36
" På toppen av det store fjellet, hviler en kilde. En kilde så klar, at når månen skinner, og lyset faller ned på den, vil den skinne i klarhet for den som måtte drikke av dens rene vann... "

Anyways, here's my entry.

EDIT:

- Did some changes.

Attachments

• The Fount.jpg
    The Fount.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Level 34
You're not supposed to post in anything but English Keiji.

The terrain ends a bit abruptly, but I get sick of seeing mountains in every terrain, so I'd either try something else or leave it. You could try and make the waterfall area the top of a mountain, and have the trees get lower as they get farther away, which would solve the distance thing.

Level 36
True, I should think about fixing that. And for the language thing, its a comment to the picture, and not of any importance. Your getting sick of mountians o.o

What else would there be to terrain? <.< I mean, most natural pictures got some sort of mountians with them :p

Level 34
Instead of that last hill going up slightly, drop it off, and scale the doodads accordingly.

Level 7
so Void... what time zone do you live in becasue where i live, its almost tuesday and i still dont see the contest results o_O? oh and i dont know, i think the white fog adds to the eerie atmosphere, makes you think, what making that happen, oh theres an undead cascade right there soooo...

Level 19
hellolololo
this is my first outland pic (i dont really like outland terrains).
it seems im the only one who keept the original outland theme

Attachments

• d.PNG
    d.PNG
    902.3 KB · Views: 311
Level 19
kk ill start a new design later :p
EDIT:
heres a new one, hope its better

Attachments

• snow.PNG
    snow.PNG
    832.8 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Level 19
what exactly is hidden from sight?
and i didnt like those blobs left by void in the background
so i "improved" them

Level 36
Void said he's not going to me nazi about the rocks, hence, it wont matter, and their really not THAT well hidden either :p (I can still see them.) About the pic, its much better than the first one :p ^^

And no XereX he didnt violate the rule about hight.

Level 36
Judging:

Raid100: I like the fog/background. The rest is just ok, it seems like everything is in uniform clumps of doodads here and there. Clumping doodads is good, but not when you do it like that. [7/10]

thegreatsmite: I love the building. The forest is pretty nice, the dark fog really makes it look... dead... but the little white smokes really ruin it. [5.5/10]

bananaHUNT: I like the colors you used. The things around the pillars are really nice. The rest, well the rest you just can't see. [6/10]

Keiji: Looks a lot like something I would've made a few months ago. It's really nice, but it kinda has that "been done before" feel, seeing as those trees are used in 50% of terrains, the tileset is used in about 50% too, and the fog color in about 75%. Oh, and waterfalls... are overused. But the execution is very nice. [7/10]

XereX: Lol... too many doodads... the plants don't fit in... the ground fog fucking wrecks it... but the little explosions are cool x]

hawk_767: Um... everything is too big. You always do that too! It kinda spoils the epicness if the doodads are all made to be so big. It's also kinda empty and awkward feeling... [5/10]

Mr. Goblin: Mostly the same as what I said to Keiji. Everything feels like it's been used too many times before. The part I like, though, is the big evil tree guy. The only problem is that you put a glow doodad on his right side and we can see his ugly low-poly outline. [6.5/10]

Winnadarz! - Keiji, Raid100
2ndplace - Mr. Goblin
3rdplace - Nobody
Last Place - Everyone else

Level 19
well...
that was quick xD
and this is like the 4th time u screwed my name (Raid100"0" with 3 0) but that doesnt really matter :p

Level 19
u should judge void so that 1 person has 1st place (not 2) and so on
now u gonna judge wich one of mines or keiji's is da best xD

Level 19
ye keiji has really nice atmosphere and all but mine has lets say a little more "deapth"
btw any new pictures? or maybe close this thread already.

Level 19
a yes uzumaky naruto spelpax for my map...
ich have ein problem with teh mapzor
when ich want to modify the terrain just a little it screwes everything and "the big hole" disapears o_O
void did u use some special hax0rz or uzumaky naruto spelpax in this map? or is there any settingz?

Status
Not open for further replies.