• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Picture, take 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
I like the bottom room, but you should make the rest into a big structure like that, else it looks very odd.

Its partially the point... It's suppost to look odd, its like an encampment or something of the Kirin'Tor, at least that was the idea, so its kind of magical <.<

But yeah, I might consider building some more on it, still, expect it to just get odder :p How long time do I got Void?

Last edited:
Level 7
ok good, I'll put some epicness in it on Thanksgiving

Nice, uh signature. Makes sense..

lets hope you do, we dont want a competition between just me and keiji...
and void - nice sig, so true

well heres my next installment in my WIP.

Attachments

• terrain 5.jpg
    terrain 5.jpg
    468.3 KB · Views: 202
Level 11
you let me down 3rgytr54... i was hoping it would at least be a three-way competition...

Well, see... this thing called a life got in the way, and yea. (It has a weird way of getting in the way of just about everything including it's self.)

EDIT: I was going for a taureny type thing in the beginning and well, it never happened.

Posted my work, named

Tis' the Epicness
(Rate this a 1.337 / 10 please)

Attachments

• picturecontest3.jpg
    picturecontest3.jpg
    567.3 KB · Views: 148
Level 7
Well, see... this thing called a life got in the way, and yea. (It has a weird way of getting in the way of just about everything including it's self.)

other would call it not having a life because you have no free time o_O Dont worry i understand how you feel, see i have this thing called Thanksgiving break which got in the way...no seriously it did. family can do that to you!

Level 36
Haha, new picture coming by tonight.

I promise! D:

EDIT: New pix! I hope we'll get more people this time... I need at least 5+ to judge.

NOTE: For this round, ONLY USE THE LAST CAMERA ON THE LIST. I forgot to get rid of the other ones I had set up by default.

Attachments

• thepicz.w3x
    4 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Level 36
Ah shit I forgot to get rid of the bad ones. Only use the last camera.

I don't really think any of the two for the previous round is better than the other. The only thing I really have to say is that the atmospheres could be worked on; royal blue fog just doesn't seem very natural to me, even if it is a magical kingdom... fog doesn't tend to be that vibrant of a color. Also, for the other one, the weather effect rays of light doesn't really look good at all. Light should be more subtle, A LOT more subtle, try using multiple Light from Above doodads (at size like 1000X/1000Y/1000Z) that are tinted something like 25R/20G/10B

Level 5
But i can change the camera view a little bit right? Cause in the other pictures the camera angle aint exactly like that too...

Level 36
You're so picky XereX... well I'm picky too... but about more important things! >:[

Anyway, I think the trees are fine, they look like there was just a forest fire or something. I think it could use more rocks, and it could also use some higher mountains in the background.

I like the grayness. Those red rocks could be tinted... less red... though.

Level 7
This might be the last itme i get to work on it so here the next installment. added some rocks, made the mountian slightly higher, changed the light envoiment and the fog color added some more trees and darkened the undead building

Attachments

• terrain 6.jpg
    terrain 6.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 176
Level 36
Rofl. The irony is that it actually isn't too bad. It looks like crematorium from chronicles of riddick (you know, the one where the sun eats up the planet during the day and turns it into lava).

And I really think the light is ok. It looks like it's really fucking hot under there.

Status
Not open for further replies.