• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Picture, take 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
The Picture: Take 2!

You all know how this works.

For those who don't, I will post a picture and a map. You have to finish the terrain. There are some rules though...

- Objects in the picture cannot be hidden via raising terrain or putting them behind things, or any other way.
- You may not resize doodads already placed.
- The camera angle cannot be changed.
- Distinctive height variation must stay the same or similar.

+ You may change the tileset.
+ You may tint the doodads already placed.

After a week, I will judge all the terrains we have for the current theme and announce a "winner". There is no award for winning other than the satisfaction of kicking everyone else's asses and the chance of getting into the Legendary thread.

Attachments

• tp1.jpg
    tp1.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 1,400
  • PictureT2 First.w3x
    4 MB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Level 9
Ok. so here's my submission. I tried to keep the camera angle at as close to the original as possible.

"Pathway to the Great Denizen's Crystal. He who shall unlock the crystals secrets, shall be imbued with power."

Attachments

• hawk767.jpg
    hawk767.jpg
    548.7 KB · Views: 838
Level 9
Um going by the rules and what I've seen from the original "the picture" you can use anything as long as it doesnt change the terrain's height, hide the doodads in the picture given, or any imported items that you've downloaded. but yes in any way shape or form you may use items

Level 36
Well Hawk, you did, again it is a little mistake and that might be the reason people didnt notice :p Your camera angle is a bit different from the one Void set, you know, he made a camera so that you could find the exact angle he sat from before :p

But hell, this is Void's competition right now, so I wont give a damn, if Void accept it then its fine by me ^^

Level 34
Ah, shut the fuck up. Famous should be honored that someone was inspired by or had a similar idea as his. As I am with Oziris making a version of my terrain :p
Carful with the flaming there. I'll let it slide because of the ':p'. :p

Also Famous was the first to really pull it off well, and this is a super close copy, just like Oziris'.

Level 9
I think it looks good but, yes the terrain does look a little odd with the trees in between, and a few of the areas look a little blank.
And as to my camera angle, I'm knew at this competition and didn't know there was a set camera angle saved. I'll remember that next time. Hope mines still in the competition, not that I'll win with some of the terrains so far though =p.

Level 34
Interesting take, but the execution could be better. Try a darker and heavier fog. Perhaps use the glow doodad.

Also please don't post huge pictures like that, upload them instead. I did it for you this time, next time I'll just delete the image.

Level 36
No, LordDz... It doesnt look similar at all... <.<

Well... Its more similar than a model competition and a terrain one but still, its a whole different theme, rule-set and actually execution as a whole... <.<

EDIT:

Heres my picture.

Attachments

• the picture take 2 first second.jpg
    the picture take 2 first second.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 444
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.