• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zero Hour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/6543/
Type: Survival/ORPG
Team: Me 43berries (Philip)
Percentage Complete: 100%

Plot Summary: After escaping Samara you find yourself in the torn city of Kiev in Ukraine. After scurrying the streets for shelter you find a passage to an underground Umbrella/NAB Corporate Research Facility. You manage to open the door with an access key, but as you enter the door shuts and the power goes off. Based off the best selling series of Resident Evil and 28 weeks later.

General Summary: This is the third and probably final installment to my Reign of the Dead series. This map unlike the other two contains a perfect smooth structure where lag is limited as for the dropping of players. This is basically a wave survival for now for I don't have any main mission plot ideas.

Features:
- Darkness system
- Custom light sources
- Realistic weapons system
- Light sources for explosions
- Extensive disease system
- Item sysntheis system
- difficult bottle neck system game play
- Save and load
- A large, large extensive list of custom sounds
There's really no definitive radical systems that are amazing new, the game itself is just sleek and sexy itself in the way how it presents it self.

Level 34
Ok ok first we get things good on a row:

A) It's Resident Evil-based or 28 Days Later-based, not both.
Want to know why? Because:
Although the film (28 Day Later) is also described as a zombiefilm, there are no zombies in the film. The murderers are not infected undead zombies, but people who are living raged by the virus. The virus may impaired persons now move quickly and offer additional features with ease to murder people. Despite that it is not explained, zombies are not smart and not fall together. They are intelligent enough to work together.

The Infected not eat normal food. Why this is, is not explained. Probably this is because they are by their anger not take the trouble to "normal food" to consume. If they are over a long period not eat, they die. The infected do not communicate with each other, although they are in a position to be allotted.

One person will be quickly infected. If a man bites an infected blood to certain places or released, it will take no more than a few seconds before the infection is clearly visible. Even animals can be infected.
And zombies:
A zombie is a reanimated corpse. Stories of zombies originated in the Afro-Caribbean spiritual belief system of Vodou, which told of the dead being raised as workers by a powerful sorcerer. In modern horror fiction, zombies are generally undead corpses brought back from the dead by supernatural or scientific means, and are rarely under anyone's direct control. They typically have very limited intelligence, and hunger for the flesh of the living.

There are several possible etymologies of the word zombie. One possible origin is jumbie, the West Indian term for "ghost". Another is nzambi, the Kongo word meaning "spirit of a dead person." According to the Mirriam-Webster dictionary, the etymology is from the Louisiana Creole or Haitian Creole zonbi, of Bantu origin. A zonbi is a person who is believed to have died and been brought back to life without speech or free will. It is akin to the Kimbundu nzúmbe ghost. These words are approximately from 1871.
It's one or the other. You pick.

B) Maybe you should add a (near-)3rd person cam in it. You know, to get the scariness in the players.

C) Probally everyone would maphack it and/or make a own* version of it. Add an anti-maphack, (optional) anti-CK, anti-TK** and heavy duty protection.

* what I meant with own version, is that then they drop their own features in it. Like more turrets or more ammo, 100k damage marines with 10000 range etc.
** make it like that so they can't attack eachother.

Last edited:
Level 10
I know what a zombie is and if you notice in my map I use the word zombie NO WHERE because of the incorrect semantics of using it. I say there's a mix because if you notice in my map there's two diseases the T-virus or my own version of the Tyrant Virus and the Necrobiomortuus (Which is completely out of my imagination: Means in Latin Living Dead). Both diseases have different effects on the host in terms of biological metabolism and effects. T-virus makes the host more like "zombies" while the Necrobiomortuus acts more like the virus you see in 28 weeks later. In some cases there's bonds between the two viruses; that's why you see infected with around 2000-3000 hp or the large ones.
-It is protected.
-Integrating anti-map hack soon
-I'm trying to make that camera system
-My protection isn't the heaviest, point me to the right direction?

Level 1
I did test the map(alone) and i died... i weren´t able to kill one infected. So i think, i have to play in mp with 8 players. But the dl would take too long. I would make two versions. 1 Version for lan with this size and onw Version for bnet, where you are kicking alll models, wich aren´t 100 % necessary(take standart zombie models^^)

mo

Level 10
The models add the realism to the map. There's not one model I can drop, I don't think.... And the zombies are standard, just custom skinned. By the way, you don't need map hack, I survived without it with 8 players. DL is probably slow cos of your computer, DL rate is variable.

Level 10
Updates: 1.3 Release: Tonight
- New enemy/ AI
- Reduce difficulty
- Edited units
- Added gameplay
- Fixed glitches
- Physics

I looked at anti-friendly fire and it was just odd.. I meant it felt weird a bit and my map is protected by the way..

Level 2
the map look heavly packed with custom models...

And a map size of this big really scares people off when they try to dl it off the host...

Level 10
d5.jpg

d4.jpg

d3.jpg

d2.jpg

d1.jpg

Level 34
I got some things to say:

1) I just giving you rep for that
2) Looks neat to me ^^
3) Make the streets less... clean, more dirty stuff like here and there some blighted parts, know what I'm saying?
4) Try to change the map to something realistic but maintaining the same picture..

Status
Not open for further replies.