• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #20 - Water Structures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Here's my entry.

Title: "Uncovered - ID060619"
Date Created: June 3 - 6, 2019

full

The WIP images are posted at my profile albums, and at the public media page.
That's awesome! I should learn more

I updated mine. This is final i swear.

I am not liking the some parts that are left empty here, but i had to follow the theme.

The story here is it is global warming and the old towers are getting devoured by water. :D

full

Credits goes to Fingolfin for his awesome Gondorian assets, Talavaj for his Stones and Swords - Environment Pack, _oGre for the awesome rocks and assets from Refuge in Ruins, Born2Modificate for his awesome cloud model, olofmoleman for the ferns and vines, Empyreal for his Sci-Fi stuff (I used the lantern for that fat tower at the top), and Blizzard for the rest.

Last edited:
I updated mine. This is final i swear.

I am not liking the some parts that are left empty here, but i had to follow the theme.

The story here is it is global warming and the towers are getting devoured by water. :D

full
Ya rock man! I love the atmosphere! However, not sure why the waves look weird to me.. nevermind, nitpickin 'n' shit!!
How are the rest of you guys doing? 10 days is plenty of time to finish your entries :^]
Indeed it is.
From what I see, there's 13 days remaining tho.

On my part, I'm currently out of an idea. I'll certainly come up with something the days forward!

Last edited:
Level 29
Damn my boy. That's good :]

How are the rest of you guys doing? 10 days is plenty of time to finish your entries :^]

I see that my wip and myself are in the contest list...

I will finish it and present it so there can be 1 entry more.
(by fortune I started very early so I can finish it)

thanks for managing.
and good luck to all the other participants.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedLord

R

RedLord

Update guys, there is no way for me to continue my work. Sorry, as I said earlier my OS turned into Kali Linux. Enter my Last WIP as my Entry. Thanks.. ^^

Level 29
Iskandar City

upload_2019-6-7_15-49-16.png

Theme

A XX Century fictional city using water structures as coastal defense and resource gathering.

Title references:
I tend to search WOW regions and NPC for names

Iskandar wow npc: Captain Iskandar

also I serchead Iskandia in google, and found this:

Iskandia Energy Operating: IEO - Iskandia Energy Operating

Iskandar - variation of Eskandar wich means Alexander in persian languaje.

Iskandar (disambiguation) - Wikipedia

Credits:

-UTM 4.0: The Ultimate Terraining Map 4.0
- @Kofi_Banan
WW-I-Fighter
Merchant Ship
Vulcan

- @Mechanical Man
Refinery

My final entry

@Heinvers , taggin you so you get the alert and see it, it will go to page 9 soon.

Level 11
Finally, another WIP.
I am not sure if this will be my final entry, because I would like to create reflections in the water, but:
1. If I add the doodad of reflection in the water, the other doodads disappear.
2. I want you to be able to observe what is below, since most of life is not seen at a glance, and, if I use the reflex technique, I should give up this, or it would be terribly wrong, having a copy of a doodad, and the same continuation of that doodad, in the same place.

Finally, I changed the alien water life to two giant jellyfish. It´s, now, the best option I have.
In case I do not find anything to improve or change, I'll upload this as Final entry, but I'm not happy with what I did.
If I see your entries ... I do not need to be a veteran judging expert to know that I will be last, so I still have to improve this.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_052719_073609_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_052719_073609_02.jpg
    1,000.1 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Level 28
It's being a great contest everyone!

We've got some cool entries and ideas going on here. I'm not participating much with actual comments but I'm having a great time lurking the thread though.

I volunteer to be a judge if your guys are okay with it. Also @Heinvers would be very welcome as an addition to the judge roster, if he happens to find the time for it ;^)

Level 11
Well, I tryed to do my best. Obviously I will be in the last place, but it´s the best I can do for now:

Europa - Moon of Jupiter

WC3ScrnShot_060219_135548_04.jpg

Plot

Europa, one of the moons of Jupiter, and the best option of life in the whole Solar System.
During the 3rd World War, our scientific created a way to extract and use the Anti-Mater: The most powerful material in the world, capable of create average amounts of energy in case of coming into contact with mater, the component of every everyday object.
A powerful weapon, thousands of times more powerful than the Hiroshima bomb, used by the war.
Now, in the year of 2174, the war has finally ended. A dawn of a destroyed world said hello to the rest of humanity.
Instantly, we started the investigations. We needed to finish the interstellar dream. Using a adaptation of the weapon who killed the Earth, we created an amount of spaceship, and started the colonization.
In just two months, we started to excavate the 20 km of solid ice who stops the oceans of Europa, and in a year, we come to the end.
¿What did we found?
Life. An amount of life, not underdeveloped, but extremely complex, with completely unknown genetic combinations. Not even the most positive and ambitious calculations expected something like that. It was just... Wonderful. Was.
Immediately, the cameramen made crazy, taking photos to all, probably killing amounts of life. The military forces started looking for intelligent life, and, not finding it, they began to fence the area. In hours, they used the materials of the Europa to create a investigation base, and the scientist started the experiments with the advanced life...
Life... Life to be founded... Life to be investigated... Life to be... Destroyed.
We always feared to an alien invasion. Now, i wonder and fear if we will not be.

Credits

Mc !:Spaceship
Tamplier777: Winter ice
Fingolfin: Jupiter/Callisto/Ganymede (other moons of Jupiter)/Lucrehulk/Venator/ATAP/Marauder.
HerrDave: Scientist
Tarrasque: WaterDragon
armel: OinkerGeosphere2

Level 5
Well, well, well. These entries, are making me amazed enough. It's been a long time ago since I delved into map making and modding. These are eye candies that make me having sugary disease :D.

Anyways, good works, Neruvatar, Fang, Leods, Prince Yaser, all the others who are both new and old ones.

Apparently Fang has some sort of crush on NightStalker's entry. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

A'ight guys, mine is done. This bitch literally took too much time to finish, and well might be cause I aimed for perfection as much as possible. As of now, it could def be worked more on; but let it be my laziness.

All da best!

Attachments

• Haven of the Pantheon.png
    Haven of the Pantheon.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 856
Level 19
Well he's one of my exemplary terrainer besides you, Heinvers, Veritas117, APproject, flad, Oziris and Bernkastel

I am actually flattered! Thanks so much!

1 hour and 55 minutes left guys :]

What's with the very up to date countdown? :D I'm still working on it but come on when did we have this exact deadlines? :eek:

I might need one more day :^] I'm currently having issues with doodad counts and the screen is going crazy buggy, and I'll need a bit of a time to figure something out ^^;

You could use the NO DOODAD LIMIT from that old NewGen WE if it still works.

I myself rarely use that many doodads in my terrains. Most I used were 8000. ^_^

Level 19
You could use the NO DOODAD LIMIT from that old NewGen WE if it still works.

I myself rarely use that many doodads in my terrains. Most I used were 8000. ^_^

I'll check that one out tomorrow if I can have at least one more day, but the issue is, not reaching the max amount but too many doodads inside the camera bounds tend to make the visuals buggy even in WE. Random doodads flash on the screen, weird lines appear and move, I really don't know what causes this other than some memory stuff guess. I thought I'd be able to finish it tonight but I couldn't. If you guys don't want to wait, you can always proceed ^^
I will surely post the final version tomorrow though!

I knew it PrinceYaser's terrain will be amazing as always! ^^

Well he's one of my exemplary terrainer besides you, Heinvers, Veritas117, APproject, flad, Oziris and Bernkastel
Obviously I'm joking.
But.. you should not put us noobs among your exemplary artists. If any of the legends were to be present here, we will be some mere padawans learning from them, as we are now.
What's with the very up to date countdown? :D I'm still working on it but come on when did we have this exact deadlines? :eek:
I think that's how contests should be, and Hein knows that. Back in the days, the hive was always on time. But I suppose in that period we had actually a good number of participants, thus I can relate these days extensions to having really less people interested than before.

Aaaaaand.. DEW IT man!! Waiting for your entry.

Level 19
I finished this in quite the rush tbh, although I had an extension I was really busy. It could be better but here it goes! I tried to capture the stormsphere's thunder, but I couldn't screenshot it over after 15 tries. Let's put a short lore as well hehe, hope you guys like it:

Land of the Giants

Since the age of men, there were giants living among them. Born way before the existence of humanity. They are known for their strength but also for their very advanced knowledge of structures. Humans work for them to gain advantages and prosper under their shadow. It is said that 1 giant is worth 20 men.

full

Status
Not open for further replies.