• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Terraining Contest #19 - Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
the%20hive%20workshop.png

terraining.png
contest.png
number.png
1.png
9.png

sigcontesttc19-png.309775

Participants are to create a place where something violent happened in the past. A past warzone, or decisive action or something along the lines of D-Day landing. You should envision how that area would look after some time. You are free to draw inspiration from real life zones or fantasy ones but new things are encouraged to be portrayed.

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  • All submissions must follow the current theme. If an entry does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
  • Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must contain a screenshot of your work
  • You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
  • Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
  • Judges may not participate.
  • Teamwork is not allowed.
  • Offsite-imports may be used in the map, if and only if
    • they are fully credited.
    • they are public resources and a link is provided.
    • they were made before the contest launch date.
    • However certain resources might get approved by the contest's host or judge(s).
  • Map may be based on the Ultimate Terraining Map 4.0.
  • Image editing tools may not be used to enhance the terrain (however you may use them to crop).

prizes.png

• [*]First Place: 45 reputation points, your entry on the award icon and a custom rank icon
    [*]Second Place: 30 reputation points and an award icon
    [*]Third Place: 15 reputation points and an award icon

judges.png

• Blood Raven
  • Naze
  • Vacant person
contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

Creativity Includes how the theme was interpreted and portrayed. Note that there's a fine line between creative and completely offbeat. /15

Detail
Measurement of detail in design and overall detail balance. Impurities include rough edges, deficiency in execution, and general disorder. /15

Technique
Executional quality, techniques, tricks and overall terraining capacity. /15

Aesthetics
Overall appearance of the final entry as a whole, e.g. an entry can lack both detail and technique but still have an overall nice composition. /15
  • 75 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 25 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
contest%20dates%20and%20deadline.png

• The contest shall begin on 15th of November, 2018 and conclude on 23rd of December, 2018, GMT

Attachments

• SigContestTC19.png
    SigContestTC19.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,902
Last edited:
Hello there.

Have you read the contest rule? .....and no, you just need work in progress pictures of it and before the deadline your final submission picture. No map file needed.

This is a scenic terraining contest NOT a playable map contest :]

Come along you hidden terrainers and join in on the fun. Don't limp it away but blast it with your artistic talent! ^_^

@Keiji @fladdermasken @Strydhaizer @Azurot @Bernkastel @elredir @Belgarath @Gilles @2-P @raid1000 @~Void~ @sonofjay @don_svetlio @tobyfat50 @Blood Raven @Megafyr @M0rbid @Chaos. @Total_Warrior @johannesr @Deathcom3s @frostwisper and more that time has forgotten along the way try to show up :]

I know that you are there, waiting to be summoned from the depths or resurrected from nostalgia and procrastination. So come along and do partake in the 19th Terraining Contest - Aftermath!

Last edited:
However certain resources might get approved by the contest's host or judge(s).
Ah, a glimmer of hope? Silly me. Skimmed over it the first time. Sorry all, for trying to push this envelope, but I'd like to inquire whether @Heinvers might approve of these:

1. Editing a unit's animation tags, so that it can use one specific animation all the time. (A default WC3 model, mind you)
2. Creating a simple alternative glow effect.

Would it help the chances if the models were posted?

Hey, that's a nice terraining contest you've got there. Would be a shame if I were to... not participate :D
I'd love to, but I don't have enough time or an original idea in mind for it, so I'd like to judge instead if that's okay. Just remind me when it ends so I don't slack away.
Keep them WiPs flowing, guys ^^

Level 35
If this toaster I'm currently struggling with will stop shitting out burnt
bread some time in the foreseeable future, then I might do something.

Until then, count me a skulking observer. (When my PC doesn't scroll me
into oblivion...)

If this toaster I'm currently struggling with will stop shitting out burnt
bread some time in the foreseeable future, then I might do something.

Until then, count me a skulking observer. (When my PC doesn't scroll me
into oblivion...)
Oh, I dunno. Can I nudge you into the Judge seat if you're not able to make it? :]

As for the contestants, keep it fresh and smooth; y'all doing gud real gud ;D

Level 18
Ech. Editing the same post over and over again is no fun. Stop sleeping, dodongos. What else is there to do in life than please daddy Heinvers?

It looks kinda messy and making buildings is no fun when I could instead be making my bipedal nuclear weapons-equipped babies. (Eck. I accidentally murdered my album when deleting old pictures.)
are-you-just-posting-the-same-image-over-and-over-png.310449

Attachments

• Are you just posting the same image over and over.png
    Are you just posting the same image over and over.png
    2 MB · Views: 687
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.