• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #20 - Water Structures

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedLord

R

RedLord

Attachments

• Not Midnight Swamp Anymore.jpg
    Not Midnight Swamp Anymore.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 812
Level 29
I suggest you not to add it except if the water is not too shallow (i think shallow water dont have water plant) and/or clean.

dont worry, I am perfectionist, I add things only when I like how it looks.

it remembers or, I imagine Moonglade NE place. nice idea!!

Here's my first WIP, I've drawn out a few sketches and chose the one that seemed the best. I'm trying to follow the sketch but it's a bit hard to match everything up.

now thats impresive.

Guys, please just attach the images and don't use hidden tags. They stretch the page while browsing.

@Kristopher @NightStalker hidden tags removed. Just simply attach the pictures.

@NightStalker nice entry so far.

What about the rest of you guys? Care to participate? :]

they will, they will, there are many that I know they will post their wip.

thanks for all the work editing the contest entries list.

Level 19
Guys, please just attach the images and don't use hidden tags. They stretch the page while browsing.

@Kristopher @NightStalker hidden tags removed. Just simply attach the pictures.

@NightStalker nice entry so far.

What about the rest of you guys? Care to participate? :]

Thanks a lot! I do that hidden thing cuz i hate the very little loading time when i press the image haha, this way it doesn't keep me waiting but I'll just attach the images then ;)

now thats impresive.

Thanks so much! I won't be able to depict the sketch completely cuz of my lack of WE terraining skills but I'll try to give something aesthetic ;)

Level 49
good question, since by definition the structure must be in the water, but from that there is all freedom

a structure under water is a water structure, so is allowed,
(the frontpage says it can be in the sea)

now is hard to pull a pure underwater enviroment, it would be interesting if someone does such bold attempt.

bluesub05.png

I specifically asked earlier if underwater structures are allowed, and the host said they are. :wink:

Level 19
Another WIP! I'm gonna finish that huge castle, but now the walls seem inadequate of protecting them even though they are huge anyway. The whole city would be like a Dark Souls 3 city. I'll probably get the camera even further to fit everything inside. Open for feedback ^^

Attachments

• WIP2.png
    WIP2.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 228
Sure @Ragnaros17 but as of know we have a minor conflict between what the Front page of the contest says and what we currently have going on.

He won't be disqualified, that's for sure but the way I'm seeing it he goes for a different theme than what we have around.

On the other hand, he could easily fix things to fit the theme by adding structures above water as well :]

Level 29
Sure @Ragnaros17 but as of know we have a minor conflict between what the Front page of the contest says and what we currently have going on.

He won't be disqualified, that's for sure but the way I'm seeing it he goes for a different theme than what we have around.

PrinceYaser also is gonna follow that theme.

Terraining Contest #20 - Water Structures

if a minor conflict is, it shouldnt end in penalicing the users

the screen doesnt represent all the posibilities, thats the problem. by puting 1 screen , only to avoid copyrigths problems, the screen is having more power than the linguistic definitions.

On the other hand, he could easily fix things to fit the theme by adding structures above water as well :]

"above the water" is not the theme, thats only the goblin oil plattform screen that I used to avoid copyrigths problems.,
water structures was ment as a very wide concept.
In Neruvatar entry there is nothing to fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
11) but now I decided fully to modify the frontpage and state that is allowed. (because I wrote it and forbid underwater structures would be very unfair at this point of the contest).

It should be changed as this:

upload_2019-5-27_10-34-28-png.323947

Contest rules should not be changed midcontest by host without Appointed Staff approval or Arena Moderator. It's not fair to change it on a whim because someone has stated something else in replies as opposed to the Contest Theme.

"above the water" is not the theme,
water structures was ment as a very wide concept.

Water structure:

lake_structures_1.jpg

Click

Underwater structure:

Click

Click

Click

Don't be so sure of it. I can point multiple things about it :]

He should be happy if he gets constructive criticism on the other hand ^_^

Last edited:
Level 29
Water structure:

lake_structures_1.jpg

Click

Underwater structure:

Click

Click

Click

View attachment 323953
Contest rules should not be changed midcontest by host without Appointed Staff approval or Arena Moderator. It's not fair to change it on a whim because someone has stated something else in replies as opposed to the Contest Theme.

Water structure:

lake_structures_1.jpg

Click

Underwater structure:

Click

Click

Click

He should be happy if he gets constructive criticism on the other hand ^_^

must not, it is forbbiden

Frontpage text remains the same, I didnt changed it,

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
Well, everyone here has already overcome me, but I'm happy with what I have so far. After all, I already knew that I would not win.
@Heinvers can edit my contest entry list post, manage the wips as he already done these last days, then make the poll + results.
It means that the contest ends now?
In that case, I will definitely be the last one.

Oh man, whatever it is that makes you do that (surely something bad)
,i really bad. I know you can not answer me, but I hope you
I hope you are well, or, if not, that you will be better soon.
Whatever happens, things improve, and goodbye forever. Luck.

Last edited:

RedLord

R

RedLord

Structure surrounded by Water.

Structure in Water.

Perhaps Underwater is accepted on this Water Structure Theme, we shouldn't interpret things harder.

Level 19
I'm not sure what's going on but I'll continue with the contest.

I've seen a reply addressing my question earlier; "Are we allowed to create new 3d models to use in our terrain?" which said, it should be posted here on Hive and get approved.

Since getting the approval might take several days, I'll have to ask for a resource. I couldn't find a convincing gothic looking tower roof. Like a sharp upwards 3d triangle. Or like the tower roofs like in the image attached below.

Can anyone redirect me to any useful resource for that one?

-------------------------------------
EDIT: New WIP3 (view from here if the hidden tags mess your browser experience)

full

Attachments

• tumblr_ma19z0eOzi1qhttpto2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ma19z0eOzi1qhttpto2_1280.jpg
    476.5 KB · Views: 244
Level 11
I am truly sorry for causing such arguments/disputes between you all because in my opinion water structures are structures that operates with the need of water, like aqueducts, or even underwater pipelines. Mine is a Naga City that serves to purify the water from pollution using magic. The long lost project of Nazja'shuri:

full

Still a WIP though

Hm.. I suppose the status is clear. It's alright, I'll try to come up with a 'Water Structure' theme instead.

@Ragnaros17 Dunno what was the cause for the heart ache, but I hope you retrieve your health completely once again!

EDIT:
Come to think of it, I'll be going with a combination of the 'Underwater' and 'Abovewater' concepts.

Last edited:

RedLord

R

RedLord

Damn it, I'm reinstalling my Windows. Gonna catch up sooner.. Nice wips btw. :D

RedLord

R

RedLord

I cannot ensure my participation on this contest, my primary OS turned into Kali Linux and my Windows 10 got formatted.

Status
Not open for further replies.