• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Church on island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
10222496.png
10165153.png

Attachments

• Апокалипсис.png
    Апокалипсис.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 195
Last edited:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
There definitely needs to be a better water->sky transition. It looks more like a blue-ish dirt tile than an ocean at this point. Alpha tiles and a denser fog would probably help.

Also not sure what's going on in the horizon. Is it supposed to be a mushroom cloud?

You could try referencing that 'explosion' after this image.

• remake that church using Talavaj's S&S Building Kits.
  • add details like waves, color palettes to the water.
  • get rid of those vanilla birds and use some albatross models instead.
  • use cloud spheres and/or cloud models to further enhance the atmosphere, thus adding more depth for it.
  • more color for the sky since it is quite monotone now.
Happy summer~

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
The alpha tiles helped volumes. Good job. Next step is getting a smooth water-sky transition. What usually works for me is to use a stormsphere with RGB settings 0/0/0 as base. This will basically colour the sky in the same colour as the fog and you won't see the clear line between sky and water. Clouds and details you can add manually.

What Heinvers said is pretty good too. Waves would definitely help. See CoBrA b's post cataclysm terrain for reference. The reflections can also do with a workover. It's not that they need to be carbon copies of what's seen above land when it's this far in the distance, but if they're not perfect I think a little smudge could play out well. Try shadow doodads and stuff to see what comes out of it. If that doesn't cut it, a nice trick I've used is to slap on a blend option to the model material.

And yeah, the church would probably fit better if you constructed it yourself. Mind the scaling too. Use the character models as scalar references. Make sure they can fit through the door, etc.

How i can create waves on water?
I think that you can use the hidden vanilla waves found within game. You just need to set the paths correctly for those to work.

Oh, If I were you I'd get rid of that explosion. It is rather distracting from the light source.
You could also use the nebula plane model to add further color to the water.
I find it quite useful in a great deal of things.

You're on to something. Keep at it mate.

I took the liberty and opened up(ikr, one of those moments) the good old WE and experimented a bit to show you what else you could try with your terrain effects.
You'll have to excuse my lazy example, however I think that it explains it in more simpler terms what I'm pointing at.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_062116_224033_02.png
    WC3ScrnShot_062116_224033_02.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 235
Status
Not open for further replies.