• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Dark Church

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Here is my most recent terrain it is horror-ish. I just messed around with a few things and I think it turned out well.

Change log Version 3:
-Removed the light at the top of the church.
-Re-done mountains.
-Pushed fog back a little.
-Took picture in normal mode.

Change log Version 2:
-Added some mountains.
-Increased light inside the church.
-More Candles.
-Removed some Non-Dead trees.
-Added more spikes on the church.
-Used widescreen mode.

Thank you for the helpful criticism.

Attachments

• Version 1.png
    Version 1.png
    222.4 KB · Views: 323
  • Version 2.png
    Version 2.png
    196.7 KB · Views: 244
  • WC3ScrnShot_073011_154429_02.png
    WC3ScrnShot_073011_154429_02.png
    212.2 KB · Views: 1,743
Last edited:
Level 23
I suggest using PNG files for the future, since those can be seen without downloading in here and have a very decent quality.
The terrain itself is nice, though i think you should spend some more time on working on the light coming out of the church, glow models might come in handy there.
Composition wise, you could consider adding mountain shapes to the right and left side of the image to add another framelike focus to your church. And hell, mountains in a foggy darkness can be scary, just like sleeping giants..

Level 16
Have you ever used "X" when terraining? It greatly helps to increase the quality of the outcome ( widescreens the terrain-zone, blacking out top and bottom a little )
Oh and yus, the terrain overall is looking great, even though it is a little bit monotonous. There could be some shimmer lightrays coming trough the fog and clouds.

Last edited:
Level 36
I really, really like this one.

Though there is two things bugging me. I would remove the light going straight upwards from the church tower, and only have the church glow "naturaly." As I find the light going upwards looking awkward. That, and rather instead of just having some random ubersized stones as mountains, make a entire mountainline on the horizon by using the raising tool.

If you could fix those two things, this should look superb.

Level 13
Ok new version and I think this is the final version I tried to change the things previously addressed and I believe it is quite awesome now.

Status
Not open for further replies.