• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Tower - Enhanced

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i had this idea yesterday where i will revisit my old terrains i made few years back. My plan is to 'enhance' my old terrains (Everything from Gallery 2 and Gallery 3) i made years ago. The problem now is that the old monitor's resolution is a box (1024 x 768 and 720x620 after taking a screenshot from the editor), now i have 1366 x 768 resolution which is a widescreen, re-viewing/re-taking a screenshot from my old terrains with the new resolution is messed up. Look at this.

The point of this project is to make my old terrains adapt to the new resolution so that you can see these with much better resolution than before, and also with wider FOV.

Scenic Terrains uploaded in Gallery 2 will be enhanced and will adapt to the new resolution and all that is uploaded in Gallery 3 will only increase the resolution, no changes will be made since these terrain are already done in widescreen.

Note that no new assets has been added to the map, i only enhanced the terrain to adapt with the new resolution.

Here's a comparison of the terrain i made 4 years ago (Released October 23 2013).
full

Now this is the enhanced version.
full

The new one is still a WIP, you can see a floating mountain right there. :p
I also plan to remove that ugly game view setting and change the watermark to Strydhaizer instead of my old name.

Do i plan to make new terrains? Probably, depends on my schedule, probably another castle, or tower, or another rural medieval scenery, as usual.

Last edited:
Level 28
Oh cool! Looking nice. If I were to change anything it would be to let the fog affect the background mountains better, so we can have a clear distinction of what is background and what isn't. And yeah you did make the scene look nicer and, most importantly, a more believable place with the changes you've made.

The new one is still a WIP, you can see a floating mountain right there.

Can I? I can't see that :p

Status
Not open for further replies.