• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Druid's Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Haven't made any terrains in a while, this one will probably go in my cinematic but I'm not sure where! :p

It's sort of a new idea for me to do something with a downward camera angle but I think it came out well.

High Resolution

Attachments

• Druid's Home.jpg
    Druid's Home.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 707
Level 34
Reminded me instantly of WoW.

Looks like its bare though, on the top right bank.
Could use some more texture variation and shrubs.

Of course, it could just be because the fog+distance from camera makes it hard to tell ;)

Good lighting too btw.
You've played too much WoW, it looks nothing like WoW, I think it's just on your mind. :p

It's got way more detail than WoW does. A lot more, and the overall graphics are different. Although I suppose that Blizzard cartoony feel is there.

Level 34
Question!

How much time are you spending on your terrain? As you get better are you spending more time, less, or equal?

Level 36
Question!

How much time are you spending on your terrain? As you get better are you spending more time, less, or equal?

About the same really. Sometimes less, sometimes more, I stop when I feel I'm finished. I never go into it with more than a rough idea as to what it will look like, and even then it still changes a lot from the original idea. I hate to plan things out in advance! :p

Level 34
To anyone who says this sucks (and is noob) I say: YOU DO BETTER AND SHOW ME IT

Good terrain... Hunters hall could get a reskin for this tho... maybe a little darker and with some vines on it... that'd look cool, and help it blend in ;)
Who said it sucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.