1. Melee Mapping contest #3 - Poll is up! Vote for the best 4v4 melee maps!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have a new contest going on right now! Join the 11th Music Contest! You are to make a Cinematic modern sound-track for this contest, so come and compete with other people for fun.
    Dismiss Notice

Terraining Contest #19 - Aftermath

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by Heinvers, Nov 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kristopher

Kristopher

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Final.png
    Nuclear Winter
    Thanx to:
    Hiveworkshop model makers
    XGM model makers
    Wc3-Maps model makers
    Used American city pack, Russian city pack, Nikikin's stalker pack, Stone&Sword pack, some another models.

2. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Vastly outclassed individual presents poorly almost finished product.
    Since this is probably almost my last WIP, I'll make the big reveal: it's the first impact.
    What's the first impact you ask? well, in short, it's the meteor that killed the Dinosaurs.
    The terrain is supposed to be what happened a few minutes after crash (purple glow is "nuclear" winter caused by the impact's ash, water is tidal wave, lava from the huge temperature and so on)
    Anyway, hope you like it.

awip.png

3. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
  4. Mythic

Mythic

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Lost at Sea
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. NightStalker

NightStalker

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Please don't drop it on me :')

------------------------------------------------

I guess this is my final entry! Let me put the lore and credits and stuff :p

DISCOVERY OSIRIA

Mankind was on the brink of extinction. They had begun expeditions to find habitable planets. For hundreds of years had passed and hope was almost lost, until the discovery of Osiria.

After hundreds of years, once the highly advanced civilization was found by mere humans on an alien planet outside our solar system. The inhabitants were vanished long ago. The only heritage they left were their immensely vast cities. Left to endure the harsh climate of this planet. Withstood the test of time, the city - named Osiria by scientists - now awaits to be awakened by its new explorers.

This is the aftermath of an unknown extinction of the ancient people, which could have been the same fate for the humanity as well.

[​IMG]

Some background info:

Name Osiria was inspired by the ancient Osirian Civilization. According to an article; "Osirian Civilization that existed on our planet some 15,000 years ago was one of the highly developed and sophisticated civilizations in times of the Atlantis...It is known that the civilization built earthquake proof megalithic structures, there was availability of electricity and other conveniences for the residents." I took these information and created my sci fi city using my imagination as well. Osirian Civilization was vanished by the oceans, it is believed that 200 of its cities are lost under Mediterranean sea.

It is also believed that the civilization was founded by the Egyptian god, Osiris who is the son of The Goddess of Sky and the God of Earth and is equated with the richness of the Nile.

And eventually there is a manmade rose named Osiria. And roses are such elegant beauties of earth.

So I tried to include all these in this terrain, technology, vastness, greatness, beauty(to some it might not look like that), vanished, discovery, etc...

You can read more info from these links if you'd like:
    - Egyptian Civilization - Gods and Goddesses - Osiris
    - How Osirian Civilization Vanished All of a Sudden?
    - Osiria Rose Care

Credits:
    - Starcraft 2 Buildings Pack From ChaosRealm
    - Glow, Cloudfx, Stormsphere, Generic Glow from UTM 4.0
    - Modern Props from a Map Shared to me by Tickles
    - Advanced Sentry Tower by The_Silent
    - Starcraft Draw Bridge by The_Silent
    - Terran/Protoss Gate by The_Silent
    - Republic Gunship by Fingolfin
    - Consular Class Cruiser by Fingolfin
    - Halo by Fingolfin
    - Covenant Node by Fingolfin
    - Mining Unit by Ket
    - Tesla Coil by Illidan(Evil)X
    - Prism Tower by Illidan(Evil)X
    - Starforge by olofmoleman
    - Hoth Blaster by olofmoleman
    - Star Base by Elunes-Guardian
    - Drylock by Elunes-Guardian
    - robFacility by killst4r
    - Supply Depot by killst4r
    - Forge2 by killst4r
    - Gateway2 by killst4r
    - Nexus2 by killst4r
    - Factory Animated by killst4r
    - Engineering Connected2 by killst4r
    - Bunker Automatic by killst4r
    - Command Center Connected Final by killst4r
    - Core3 by killst4r
    - Pylon4 by killst4r
    - Academy by killst4r
    - Radio Tower by JB_McKnight

Let me know if I have missed any authors.

6. Ragnaros17

Ragnaros17

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Heinvers

If @RedLord doesn´t show up. Would you add his entry as final? because is pretty much great and finished, it will be sad if his entry will get out for lacking a tittle.

And about @lord_Turin, even if I would like to ask the same as RedLord, his entry is very empty and unfinished (tower roof in the air). An entry in that state don´t stand a chance (I think), so well if he don´t show up with the finished entry... disqualification (sadly)...

you are the manager so, manage this...

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  7. Neruvatar

Neruvatar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Alright, the scene is now late evening: So final final final. Sorry for the delay.

Bubolic Incident

[​IMG]

When a meteor crashed, something crawled out of it and rooted. It manifests itself as a towering, ever-watching skyscraper.
    Draining as much resources as it could (leaving the region barren), it began to lay its eggs along its roots, slowly it will take over the world with its young-lings.
    Humanity last resistance are seen en route to destroy the thick skinned organism, leaving the fate of the planet unknown...

Credits:

Blood Lord Abishai - wc3-maps.ru
    Cloud - Ultimate Terraining Map
    Glow - Ultimate Terraining Map
    Light Circle - Ultimate Terraining Map
    Colonial Raptor - syc
    Infestor - SuPa-

8. Ragnaros17

Ragnaros17

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    • Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must contain a screenshot of your work
    • You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
    The contest shall begin on 15th of November, 2018 and conclude on 23rd of December, 2018,

@Naze, @Blood Raven

@Heinvers

I was very interested in see your work, you are a great terrainer, but now is 24, the contest ended and you didn´t submit nothing.

upload_2018-12-24_9-15-54.png

I hope you can submit something (in these days,) even if is not that finished. But for presenting late, I think a small reduction of score (1-2 points of the total 100) may be fair compared to the others users who presented the final entry in the time .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before the poll is started is pending to decide the situation of these 3 users:

Heinvers: he is in the list of participants, stated to participate, but not presented a WIP and Final Entry in time.
    lord_Turin: Presented a Wip in a very unfinished state, not presented Final entry, and is not giving signs of activity.
    Red Lord: Presented a WIP very finished and with great quality, without a proper name for the entry, also is not giving signs of activity.

Edit: to the 8 users that presented the Final entry in time:

please don´t edit and submit an edition of your final entry, since the time is out.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  9. RedLord

RedLord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Ragnaros17
    Agh.. Well guys I forgot that I entered a contest at Hiveworkshop, a thousand apologies.
    You mean it must be descriptive like uploading a Map or just a name? There's a name in the file which is Bandit Raid.
    Anyways, Let just say my WIP (2) will be my Final entry here.

I worked for my Campaign map lol, and I focused on it... didn't remembered the contest lol..

@Mythic and @Neruvatar
    and lastly, Your work is nice especially for those who used a "common" doodads of Warcraft 3 Neruvatar and Mythic..
    Mythic are you Filipino? The "Pindot" tells. HAHAHAHA

EDIT:
    and can I still possible to make a descriptive about my Terrain or not? Because the Contest is over, just asking, but add the my work as final entry, It's finish anyway.

Yeah, I see @Heinvers didn't present anything, I was jealous on his work. ^^

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  10. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Sure. Add the name of your entry and after that I'll close the contest and come up with the poll :]

11. RedLord

RedLord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    BANDIT RAID

Final Entry - Bandit Raid.png

Credits:
    Blizzard Entertainment
    Talavaj
    Ultimate Terraining Map

12. Heinvers