• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Melee Mapping Contest #4 - 2v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
uhhhhh - been kinda busy irl, will have to rush something

you have 8 days, do it small, mirrow the terrain
and for doodads design things like these
upload_2019-4-16_14-30-48.png

and copy paste RA TA TA TA TA TA all over the map

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Well I think I did my best. Can't wait any longer.

"everything shipshape and bristol fashion, anchors aweigh! YAR!"

Venture Co. Shipyards

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 29

by definition a wip screen is to proof that the final entry is yours, for that is like a wip must show a significant portion of the map (not necesary all)
this is just a first plane of a shipyard , shallow water, ashenvale leaves tileset and plants, it wont be usefull as proof for your final entry.

please, if you want to upload a wip, upload a serious wip, for the rules sake.

by the way, 5 days remain.

Level 6
Here is my WIP. Had a very busy trimester so haven't had the opportunity to work on the map much yet. But ill finish it for Tuesday.
Looks decent - and another urban map on the list, which I like.

Good luck to everyone, I cannot make it till deadline, so i quit.

See you perhaps in the next contest
That's really sad. But there are still a lot of participants without an entry and some even without a WIP preview so I fear even more dropouts - please make this fear go away!

Level 29
Looks decent - and another urban map on the list, which I like.

That's really sad. But there are still a lot of participants without an entry and some even without a WIP preview so I fear even more dropouts - please make this fear go away!

Is no secret that I wrote to almost all users, and I can tell that 5-6 users are gonna post their entries the last day,

last days have their adrenaline, but it will be ok

Level 4
Ok, this is my entry guys, it was exceptionnaly late for me too.... but I have no excuse, i was just lazy ^^'

Veilswamp

I've made some changes since last time :
- The creeps around the mercenary camps and goblin shops have been swapped to make the goblin shop's creeps sleep at night. The camps have been reworked so that the goblin shop is still easier than the mercenary camp.
- The item drops have been reworked a little to avoid some very unfair drops. ( I completely removed the cristal ball for instance, and let the legion doom horn be a level 5 permanent instead of the level 4 registered on my version of the world editor :/ )
- Taverns have been added.
- A lot of work on the environnement has been done !
- The pathing around the ramps and the islands have been upgraded to be logic and more playable.

Level 29
Good luck to everyone, I cannot make it till deadline, so i quit.

See you perhaps in the next contest

I'll have to drop out, sorry! Good luck to you guys!

I have to drop out, been unexpectedly busy this last month, and dead hungover today.
Good luck everyone!

Bad news everyone, seems like we'll have to drop out as well. Good luck to all.
I'm looking forward to everyone's map.

is sadly to hear that all you (such talented in melee) are droping.
Have good luck.

Level 29
So many people dropping out!! :(

I hope I get to finish mine.
Would anyone else benefit from a 24-hour deadline extension?

keep rushing, drink cofee, copy paste terrain, loot creeps, copy paste the doodads
focus in balance rather than in enviroment.

Status report:

-11 entries finished presented

-Jameswow, couldnt contact by pm, no wip, status inactive.
-BronzeOregon, couldnt contact by pm, no wip, status inactive.
-eubz, no wip, no contact by pm, inactive.
-Battleborn, talked to him by pm, he stated to me he cant do it because of RL stuff,

-DuckDuckGoose, talked by pm, presented wip, active and participating, stated will present the map
-Jaleveliki, active and participating, rushing the map,
-Rockstar, talked by pm, presented wip these days, active, stated will present the map.
-BloodRaven, presented wip, loged recently, no pm contact, active.
-Aspagethiman, presented wip, talked by pm, active.

So I can tell, 5 entries remain to be presented, good luck guys, one last effort.

@mafe

your words??, since we are reaching the end.

Level 6
drink cofee
responsibly

So I can tell, 6 entries remain to be presented, good luck guys, one last effort.
It would be more than just sad if we only had the ten current entries.

I'm not against an extension of the deadline. But of course the judges have to be heard for that. But my guess would be that they won't oppose this - Lawliet for example has his final qualifying match in the South Korean qualifier for the World Cyber Games on Wednesday and would probably not have started before this anyway.

Level 29
responsibly

It would be more than just sad if we only had the ten current entries.

I'm not against an extension of the deadline. But of course the judges have to be heard for that. But my guess would be that they won't oppose this - Lawliet for example has his final qualifying match in the South Korean qualifier for the World Cyber Games on Wednesday and would probably not have started before this anyway.

"responsibly"
of course,

I have to say that I was surprised, I got many positive responses from some users (cant control all users at the same time), and just now a wave of droppings,

"The contest shall begin on March 16th and conclude on April 23rd, 23:59 GMT"

for the moment the contest is running with this time, until @mafe appears and explain us whats gonna be the next steps of the contest, thats why I tag mafe since he is the manager, he has to manage this ship.

About the extention, me silent, is mafe decision, where captain rules, doesnt rule a sailor, I am a just sailor.

I can only encourage the 7 users to focus in balance, terrain the map with simple tile paths, with 3k - 4k doodads, trees mostly, dont waste in enviroment that much, copy paste flowers, and present the map ASAP, I sugest a fast upload and then update improved if you have the time to.

Level 6
About the extention, me silent, is mafe decision, where captain rules, doesnt rule a sailor, I am a just sailor.
Did you only call yourself a sailor because of all those boat maps? ;)

And about mafe... if mafe lives in Europe it might simply be sleeping time like it should be for me as well.

Level 29
Did you only call yourself a sailor because of all those boat maps.

XD, actually is a very very common proverb here, used and overused.

Where rules a captain , doesnt rule a sailor.

that is used in everything, with your job boss, with your father, with your wife...

And about mafe... if mafe lives in Europe it might simply be sleeping time like it should be for me as well.

Yes I have that info, but I wanted that mafe make such statement himself.

Level 29
I dont mind a 24 hour extension, as I wont be able to start reviewing the maps before Thursday anyway.

So the deadline is extended to April 24, 23:59 GMT, i.e. about 1 day and 17 hours from this post.

This deadline rush reminds me my university times soooo much :D Anyway a good decision when so many maps can be possibly done in next 24 hours.

April 24, 23:59 GMT

some good news!,

I have the info that from the 6 remaining entries, 4-5 are gonna be presented with high chances before deadline.

Level 29

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
It's starting to look like a map! :eek:
To be honest, I don't know if I'll make it, even though I really want to. If other users need it too, I wouldn't mind another day extension...
I dont really mind. If you and maybe some others think that their maps will benefit from it, then we can have another 24 hours.

However we should realistically finish soon. I planned to start with reviewing the maps this weekend, because in May there will be a lot of other stuff competing for my time.

So I'll extend the deadline until April 25th 23:59 GMT, but I would probably veto any further extensions.

Level 29
I dont really mind. If you and maybe some others think that their maps will benefit from it, then we can have another 24 hours.

However we should realistically finish soon. I planned to start with reviewing the maps this weekend, because in May there will be a lot of other stuff competing for my time.

So I'll extend the deadline until April 25th 23:59 GMT, but I would probably veto any further extensions.

Arrr, Jaleveliki, Aspaghethiman, Rockstar356, Bloodraven, Duckduckgoose, hope you can all make it tomorrow, so the contest may have 17 entries (11 currently).

Status
Not open for further replies.