• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #2 - HQ Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
header_nax.jpg

Hero Contest #2
Contestants will attempt to create a high quality hero, using significant thought and effort behind the theme of their hero.

Contest Rules And Conditions

• No submission may violate any Hive Workshop site rules.
  • Teams are not allowed; the entire hero must be made by a single user. However, you're able to use any resources publicly available in THW database, except for spells.
  • The hero must have a total of 4 skills.
  • The spells can be made using GUI, JASS, vJASS, or just significant object editor work.
  • The hero must have 1 passive skill, and 1 ultimate skill. They also must only have one of each.
  • All spells must have been made after the start of this contest; no previous work allowed.
  • Systems that do most of the work for you are not allowed. This includes things such as "Caster Systems". However, things such as damage detection or Struct attachment systems are fine as long as the author is credited.
  • You're only allowed 1 submission.

Contest Prizes And Winnings

• First Place: 60 reputation points and a special award icon
  • Second Place: 40 reputation points
  • Third Place: 20 reputation points

Contest Judging And Voting

• Judges:
    Hvo-busterkomo
  • Judging Criteria:

Originality
    How original the hero is. Small derivations of standard WC3 heroes won't yield much score in this category./5
    BalanceHow balanced the hero is compared to standard melee heroes./5

Coding
    How leak free, efficient, and well structured the coding of the map is./10

Theme
    How well the abilities fit the theme of the hero. This also includes the synergy between abilities./10
  • 100 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).

Contestants

If you would like to enter the contest simply make a post in this thread, stating the information about your entry.

Post your submission in this thread. Otherwise, it will not be included.

Contest Dates And Deadline

• The contest shall begin on June 06 and conclude on [rainbow]July 01 at 11:59 PM (GMT)[/rainbow] (GMT)
  • If there are less than 4 entries, a one week extension will be given.

Last edited:
Level 6
Sign me up. I think im gonna make something Voidlord caster like thing. I dont think my spells get that good but i can always try :p

EDIT: Does it have to be something in the warcraft universe like: Voidlords have come from the twisting nether and now seeks to bring death to all in Azeroth who stands in their way?

Level 17
EDIT: Does it have to be something in the warcraft universe like: Voidlords have come from the twisting nether and now seeks to bring death to all in Azeroth who stands in their way?
No, it does not.
Hey hvo or Gilles, where did the contest image go?
I'm not sure, maybe Gilles removed it when he moved the thread from the Mod's Lobby.

Level 5
I'm confused...do we have to model the hero ourself?
or can we dl one?
if we can dl one then im in...mainly because i cannot model >.>

Level 17
I'm confused...do we have to model the hero ourself?
or can we dl one?
if we can dl one then im in...mainly because i cannot model >.>
You can use any imports models in THW database.

I am confused as to what the hell the theme of the contest is.... You keep refering to a "theme" yet I can not find one.
Also many broken tags/images.
You base a hero around a theme of your choosing.

Level 6
xD.Schurke, u may only use spells youve begun with making at the start of the contest :p If you started with this before the contest started u may not use it. Stands in the rules.

Level 3
Hey, if I made a system that makes shit easier and does it for me, can I use it since it's mine and it's private... like it hasn't been released to the public.

Level 18
Is there a time in which I need to have subscribed for this contest?

Not sure if I can join it, but I might do it. :)

We can use all models here on THW? What about older contest models? :p
Models have to be hero models and can we import icons or are Blizzard icons preferred?
Even non-Warcraftlike heroes are allowed if the spells fit the hero's theme?

Spells all have to be MUI too right (since we use heroes)

Last edited:
Level 16
so I worked out a concept.
I will use , like I said, my CombopointListener system. In addition here some WIP infos:

I will use Elenais Archmaiden model. Hm and no wonder because my hero is called Archmaiden.

Alynil - Archmaiden:
The Archmaiden, proud keeper of the Arcane Sanctum in the northern lands.
Her magic grants her great power,
but she has to be aware of those powers,
one mistake could destroy the balance of all known beings.

(Maybe will rewrite it a bit)

Ok thats all so far.

Level 15
Can we use Vex's Caster System?
Systems that do most of the work for you are not allowed. This includes things such as "Caster Systems". However, things such as damage detection or Struct attachment systems are fine as long as the author is credited.
That answer your question? :)
Anyway, can we use a mix of GUI and JASS. I'm planning to use JASS mostly cos I found it awesome but I might be using GUI for other stuff cos I have no idea how to do some stuff in JASS :S

Level 8
Well, I have the desire to participate, I just need an idea to work around. And this is great cause, I'll be able to include that hero later in my map, so, two birds with one stone.

Hope I'll have more luck than in first one, I have the feeling none has even tested my hero then.

Level 25
And you decided to start this in the midle of final weeks of school?
Bad timing.
I wanted this oportunity so much though i think i won't be able to make it due to school.
By the current deadline i will have only 1 week to make the hero and i think that isn't enough :p
Sign me up and later if i don't finish my submision you can remove me.
Good luck and have fun.
EDIT:
Do we have to come up with a hero description too?
And i hope you won't give higher points to people who use custom models.
BTW i am making a: Clockwerk Goblin
Won't be a copy from dota.

Level 16
That answer your question? :)
Anyway, can we use a mix of GUI and JASS. I'm planning to use JASS mostly cos I found it awesome but I might be using GUI for other stuff cos I have no idea how to do some stuff in JASS :S

AFAIK, as long as you write the code yourself you can write it in whatever language. I don't see why it should be forbidden to mid GUI and Jass

Status
Not open for further replies.