• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #1 - Mighty Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I'm glad you tested him :D Well, rock throw is like that because i am still learning advanced jass and i couldn't do it with timers. GhostWolf helped me on timers but i decided not to use what i learned because i wanted this hero to be completely mine and so rock throw is crappy... I think breaking the terraform is okay, other w3 heroes can break their ults so making this one unbreakable could make your hero get stuck inside an enemy army. How do you mean rigged? That question may be stupid but i'm not familiar with the expression. Pls explain ^^

Level 36
donut3.5, you have 7000 doodads in your test map? Wow...

Anyways, the concept of your hero is brilliant for maybe an AoS, but I'm not sure I like it as far as melee maps go. It could get really rigged as far as stat increases if it attacked a huge army, or just spammed the spells near a fountain.

Level 4
Bloodmancer!

Alright well, here's my pathetic excuse for a hero... feel free to give feedback if you are so inclined. Be informed that this is NOT the final version (I'm still working on getting Bloodfire to be MUI) and that a final copy will be posted tomorrow. Thank you for your time.
-NS

OK - This has been edited and is now my final submission. Woot.

Attachments

• thw_herocontest01Nightsong.w3x
    146.1 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Level 21
Certainly to kaitech, it is not a shockwave, shockwave has nearly 200 collision, but my has only 75, so certainly hard to hit, beside only the first struck enemy gets affected, so you can simply take a unit to protect your hero from the effect, and you need to adjust the heroes facing to hit right, you shoot the curare in the facing direction. It is casted as instant.

Oh well, he did not even try my hero, so please stop talking about non-tested stuff.

Level 17
Certainly to kaitech, it is not a shockwave, shockwave has nearly 200 collision, but my has only 75, so certainly hard to hit, beside only the first struck enemy gets affected, so you can simply take a unit to protect your hero from the effect, and you need to adjust the heroes facing to hit right, you shoot the curare in the facing direction. It is casted as instant.

Oh well, he did not even try my hero, so please stop talking about non-tested stuff.

I know I didn't test it, but you can judge a book by it's cover.

If someone can't take the time to properly view something, they can simply grab a nice, steaming bowl of brown and let real critics do their work.

I am unable to take the time to view it as whenever loading WC3, or in fact any game, It gives me a critical error.

Level 8
hi
so Here is My hero SUbmission

i was unable to post yesterday, i dont know why but
couldnt visit the HiveWorkShop domain, it was lie an error
i gave the link to some freinds to test it, if its only me
but they couldnt join as well...
we all livei n germany mb there was a connection problem.
due to this i hope my hero will be accepted.

Have Fun with this Hero.

Earth Mage
by equal

Attachments

• thw_herocontest01Equal.w3x
    222.8 KB · Views: 191
Level 12
hey ive tested your maps and have some feedback

@Donut 3.5
Very creative spells, dunno but they remind me a bit of dota. cool hero, useful in meelee and hero based maps. I like the attribute flexibility:thumbs_up: , although the colours of the icons and the elemental dont match^^ GJ!

@Equal
Pretty cool hero, good ides, but the beginning sequence does nothg for bout 20 secs. terrain nice but a bit exaggerated. :xxd: well done btw weiter so XD

Last edited:
Level 10
Well here's my very last version, it is up to mods to approve it or not, but considering THW was down yesterday... meh.:cute: ( If not then use the one at page 34 -.- )

Attachments

• thw_herocontest01NoNZealot.w3x
    478.3 KB · Views: 199
Level 17
No, well, there is a small button, to download my map, well, it is used to download the map, like i said, and you know what you can do? you can open it with the world editor and test it! Did you know that?

Yes, but didn't I earlier state

I CAN'T OPEN WARCRAFT 3 OR ANY OTHER GAME BECAUSE IT GIVES ME A CRITICAL ERROR UPON OPENING!

That also include World Editor.

"I am unable to take the time to view it as whenever loading WC3, or in fact any game, It gives me a critical error."

Level 8
In case the contest ain't over yet I would like to submit my hero. If it is closed, well... fuck.
Credits:
AnemicRoyalty, CRAZYRUSSIAN, Daelin, JetFangInferno and KaTTaNa.

Attachments

• thw_herocontest01hyperactive.w3x
    225.7 KB · Views: 192
Status
Not open for further replies.