- Oct 23, 2006
Hero Contest #1
[rainbow]Arena Gladiators participating in this contest must create a mighty hero in the Warcraft III World Editor. The heroes born of this contest must include custom abilities, capabilities, and spells.[/rainbow]
Contest Rules And Conditions
- No submission may violate any Hive Workshop site rules.
- Teamwork is not allowed: all hero builders must do their own original work.
- Hero Map Requirements
- Entries must be posted as Warcraft III maps (.w3x file format).
- The attached template map must be downloaded, edited, then submitted as one's final entry.
- The template map's size boundaries may not be increased.
- The template map's terrain may be edited.
- Creeps and enemy units may be added to the map.
- Cinemaic triggers may be included. Total cinematic running length may not exceed two minutes.
- Regions and triggers used to control cinematics and hostile units may be included. Such regions and triggers may not be tied to any hero ability or spell.
- No hero map may exceed 2.0 MB in size.
- Hero Maps must be unprotected and open-able using Blizzard's Word Editor or WEU.
- Hero Spell Requirements
- Spells MUST be original and created for this contest: no previous works are allowed.
- Either (or both) GUI and JASS spells are permitted.
- "Caster Systems" may NOT be used.
- If third party tools not created by the contest are used (examples: CSCache, WE Warlock) such tools must be publicly available and full credit must be given.
- Four custom spells must be included (one being an ultimate at any hero level).
- The hero's spells can have 4 levels maximum per spell.
- Heroes must have one (and ONLY ONE) passive ability.
- All WE Object Editor fields may be modified.
- Custom game play constants may be specified.
- Dummy units, summoned units, and special effects may be included.
- All Abilities and Buffs may be edited.
- Please use custom objects only; do not edit standard ones. This way, it is easier for a user to locate the required objects in the map.
- Imported resources are permitted. [rainbow]They must adhere to the following criteria:[/rainbow]
- All imported content MUST be pre-approved in The Hive Workshop's Warcraft resource section(s).
- Full, fair credit must be given for all imported resources, either in the map's loading screen or an in-game quest item.
- Participants may NOT create their own custom resources for the purpose of this contest.
- Exception: Custom loading screens may be used in the hero Map. Credit MUST be given for the artwork whether the author created it or not.
- Submitted hero maps must be named thw_herocontest01username.w3x
- Completed hero maps must be physically attached to this thread.
[rainbow]» Hero Contest #1 Prizes And Winnings «[/rainbow]
Contest Judging And Voting
- 40% of the victor shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
- 60% of the victor shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
- Judging Criteria:
- Is the hero original and well thought-out?
- How balanced is the hero with default Warcraft III heroes?
- Is the hero fun to play in the game?
- How balanced, effective and original are the hero's spells?
- How well presented is the hero in the submitted map?
Contest Dates And Deadline
- Each map must be complete and submitted within one month after the contest begins.
- The contest shall begin on 01 March, 2008 and conclude on
[rainbow]01 April, 2008 0:00 AM, (GMT)[/rainbow]
- Credits to Parrothead for submitting the idea for this contest.
- This is The Hive Workshop's first Hero creation contest. Our friends at wc3c have held similar contests, as have other sites.
- The contest rules, while lengthy, should be clear enough. Please carefully read and understand them. Thanks.
- [rainbow]Best luck, all Arena Gladiators! May the finest hero engineer emerge victorious! [/rainbow]