• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #1 - Mighty Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best to tell what kinds of spells my Chronomancer will have.

- Rift: Creates a vortex that will slow down units (not sure if there will be only enemies or both enemies and friends) in that area and drains their health.
- Haste: Increases a target friendly unit's speed and attack rate for X seconds.
- Slowmotion Aura: Passive aura ability that will slow down nearby enemy units' attack rates and movements.
- Time Stop (Ultimate): The Chronomancer will freeze the time, causing everything but himself to halt for X seconds.

Heh.
Well,my heroes mainly a Dark Paladin, pretty good at taking down other heroes, but not that great in combat with a mage. Dude has low mana, helps keep him capped at a certain level of power, as at lvl3, his first two abilities can get pretty wild.

Aspect of Rathas:
100 Mana
The hero collects shadows from nearby, and fires them in a condensed form.
Battlechest:
110 Mana
The hero becomes large in size, quick and powerful, but only for upto 15 seconds.
Mare Aura:
0 Mana
All nearby undead units and ancients take damage, and are severely slowed.
Shadow Aspect:
25 Base Mana
The hero turns into a powerful Shadow aspect, with a hitpoint bonus and a chaos damage upgrade. Lasts only 30-40 seconds. Drains all of the heroes mana aswell.

Level 11
Wow you guys think you all have it figured out... I only have one spell done XD

After the competition is over could we put our entries into spells section? Seems like it'd would fit there the most, as long as we kept credits to models and everything else.

My hero:

Death Prophet
Primary attribute: Intelligence
Attack distance: Ranged
Spells:
1. Death's Reach: The Death Prophet places a ward which can extend the great arm of death, draining a random nearby units HP.
2. Dark Conversion: The Death Prophet immobalizes every unit within range for 10 seconds. Then 1/2/3(Depending on lvl) units will be converted to his team.
3. (Passive)Balls of Death: The Death Prophet has three ancient balls surrounding him, and each has a chance to charge the enemy every time the Death Prophet lands a strike. Red: Damage. Blue: Stun. Purple: DoT.
4. (Ulti)?????: I haven't come to this yet, but I'm thinking someting like Methamorphosis...

Does it look ok? Any improvements that can be made or something to add? Any suggestions on the ulti?

Level 3
The rules state custom spells, that doesn't mean we have to build them from scratch, correct? I'm a salvager, and I don't plan to pass up using (and altering) Blizzard's core material (I'm aware that we're supposed to make custom stuff rather than alter the original, I'm mainly referring to copy+paste). That and I'm a total noob to this...spell trigger thing. But a contest is a great way to learn, yes?

The rules state custom spells, that doesn't mean we have to build them from scratch, correct? I'm a salvager, and I don't plan to pass up using (and altering) Blizzard's core material (I'm aware that we're supposed to make custom stuff rather than alter the original, I'm mainly referring to copy+paste). That and I'm a total noob to this...spell trigger thing. But a contest is a great way to learn, yes?

What do you mean by that? The spells have to be made by you. As in their added effects.

That basically means you can't use a spell you find in another map or that someone else made for you.

Level 3
I understand that. I'm definitly not talking about taking a spell from someone else's map. I'm referring to making the pre-packaged spells doing what I want, rather than starting from scratch. I'm a newb when it comes to map coding, though the trigger system is easy enough to understand. I'm just making sure we don't have to make them from nothing. Which I guess was an inane question to begin with.

Level 11
not if you changed models of spell, different amount of units targeted, it could be alot dif if it's normally a spell that does a little damage and targets one unit as if you made it little damage and targeted lots of units, or just low cooldown so you can target lots of units without a trigger to do other random targets. just an idea.

Level 3
Well you have a lot more room for creativity with triggered spells, which would help you get points for originality. That's mainly why I threw out my Crusader idea; all his spells were essentially "recolors". Change the model, give it a new text, etc etc. Not nearly as interesting as one built with new things.

We're limited to one submission, yes? I'm pretty certain we would be, but the idea of making several and deciding between is eating at me.

Level 11
Well you have a lot more room for creativity with triggered spells, which would help you get points for originality. That's mainly why I threw out my Crusader idea; all his spells were essentially "recolors". Change the model, give it a new text, etc etc. Not nearly as interesting as one built with new things.

We're limited to one submission, yes? I'm pretty certain we would be, but the idea of making several and deciding between is eating at me.

lol yeah I agree, definetly needs to be a contest that appears often, I got so many hero ideas it was hard to choose from one. I just felt like doing a str hero, only reason i'm doing one i chose now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.