• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animation Contest #3 - Epic Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I need at least one WIP to participate, I will just give my one WIP now. The characters, the environment and the skeletons (already full skinned and operational). I know that some parts of the environment's texture are stretched, but since it isn't the issue of this contest I didn't bother to fix that.

Good luck everyone!

Edit: Just noticed the "No custom textures should be used for any reason.". Is that mean I can't use the enviroment's texture?

hmm, use since it's the enviroment, I'll let it pass. The other participants should also make an enviroment.

can't I just make an animation preview in max? Max's viewport is basically like wc3, working with directx. It'll be easier than opening camtasia, screen record, save, encode, shit shit shit. Eh?

hmm, The idea is to see how it looks in-game not in max, ¬¬. You could use wc3 previewer from art tools though, I doubt it takes you much to make a recording with cantasia studio.

Level 9
im in! wow i just noticed im in almost every single going compo. wellz ima g0 f0r Arthas VS Illadin!1!!1!eleven no but really i think i will do malfurion vs illadin (stormrage brothers) but im considering using the special cinimatic illadin that as far as i can see is used for nothing, the downside to this is that it would make malfurion look so much worse.

im in! wow i just noticed im in almost every single going compo. wellz ima g0 f0r Arthas VS Illadin!1!!1!eleven no but really i think i will do malfurion vs illadin (stormrage brothers) but im considering using the special cinimatic illadin that as far as i can see is used for nothing, the downside to this is that it would make malfurion look so much worse.

I'm sorry but you may only use playable heros, the Illidan from the cinematic can't be used.

Level 27
I'm sorry but you may only use playable heros, the Illidan from the cinematic can't be used.

Actually BB, I updated it a while ago:
Heroes must be one of the twenty four orc, human, night elf, undead, or tavern heroes, or any of the campaign heroes in the Warcraft 3 MPQ. Extracting these and creating new bone structures if need be is up to you.
--donut3.5--

Level 9
haha like you can just 'go fetch' 3dsmax any number. anyway i got it to work in GMax so i will er-rig in that, but i have a couple question can i delete things such as hero glow and (for Illadin) second forms? also can i model my own terrain into the cinematic? and last can i add particle effects for things like Malfurion casting a spell?

No, you are only limited to adding terrain, spell effects and removing mesh parts.

UPDATE:

Here's an early WIP, just to keep the contest active. Still requires a lot of tweaking. Been working only on the Paladin so far.

12-09-2008 15-54-09.gif

TDR

TDR

Level 18
that's not a healthy workflow man...For optimal results, this is the pipeline: Storyboard (you can even draw stick men if you don't know any better, the main focus here is to get the shots and timing right) -> Animatic (VERY rough animation, with minimal tweaking, which is basically the storyboard in 3D, so again you can get the timing and all that stuff) -> Actual animation.
Don't work on a character and then on the other, work on both at the same time!

Status
Not open for further replies.