• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Mini-Contest #1 - An Epic Battle Scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Five days is plenty for me, my friend.
Now check these little battle contestants out:

Attachments

• Goblins1.jpg
    Goblins1.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 191
  • Goblins2.jpg
    Goblins2.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 203

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
I'm done o_O"

"Despite their small size and lack of muscles, the forest goblins have a true passion for war. Armed with vicious mutants and powerful magi, they wander the woods in search of battle. When there's no non-goblin to fight however... well, you get the picture."
~Bran Bronzebeard, Explorer's League

Attachments

• Goblin Civil War.jpg
    Goblin Civil War.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 198
Level 4
Thx frostwhisper. the guy on the ground is trying too pull a sword out of himself. i might just change it so hes dead on the ground
I would do that too man, i think it will be hard to make it look he's pulling a sword out XD

Level 4
Argh my scanner doesnt seem to support Vista -_- Maybe searching for my driver disk wouldnt be a bad idea either...

Level 24
Hey Madome,just to ask,I see that you and Pepper are back on Hive,want to win this contest as well?

Im gonna stand in your way,after the defeat you gave us in the Paired Mapping Contest,Im eager to defeat you in any competition,so see you on the battle field!

Level 4
NearbyHermit: Im not in this contest to win, drawing is just my life xD Winning is something i want for when i get better ^^

Frostwhisper: Oh, that was you're actual commision? :gg:

Level 7
Good
I was gonna do Darth Vader vs Aragorn with the army of Gondor vs storm troopers (with gandalf making shields laser-proof, swords good, etc) but it didn't work out
Please nobody steal that

Level 7
I weild the power of Awesome
I could list a whole list of ideas, if you'd like
I bet you would get a kick out of it

Level 7
What? I said LOTR would be good!
Star Wars would be good too!
Heck, do Pokemon for all I care (what a random thought for me)!
How exactly did I 'point you as undecided'?
Do whatever you want, it's not my fault that our great minds think alike, sheesh!
I would showcase my ideas, but I'm afraid of 'pointing more people as undecided'. Maybe when it's all over I will....

Level 17
I'm in. I'm going to do something kinda warcraft themed. I'll show some work tomorrow.

actually here is some now. its really basic atm. I'm gonna work out composition before doing any details. so far it only has 7 chars on it.

if anyones wondering, the guy on the roof isnt a combatant, he's a drunk. whos about to get killed by the mage/warlock.

Attachments

• scene.jpg
    scene.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Level 17
ok. I think I can explain this away. I believe he wants some sort of nitty gritty battle. no guns, no cutesyness, just throat ripping, decapitating, dismembering, mutilating, and all out savage warfare.

emphasis on melee. that means unless its all jedis it isn't the right kind of epic, and it would still be too lighthearted.

you COULD do starwars, but it would be considerably more difficult

Level 17
Because, ya know, shooting someone is cutesy. Ah, our great generation, we rock, no?

pokemon are cutesy

starwars is not cutesy, but likely not gory enough.

shooting someone with a laser is considerably more cutesy then ripping off their face with your bare hands, or having your axe stuck in someone's head while you stand on him and try to yank it out. shooting someone with a laser, they die, but it lackes the gore and glory.

modern warfare is cutesy in comparison too. instead of having to stand there in the midst of a fight you stay off at a distance and don't have to see the enemy up close as you fight them. they don't have to see you up close either. its less interesting.

Thats why the starwars fights that are interesting involve jedi. and why I don't like army movies set after like 1900.

actually, thats a big reason why I like fantasy so much more than scifi, and why I like warcraft more than starcraft. in starcraft almost everyone is a ranged unit.

Level 17
Lol... You just called Starcraft cutesy in comparison to Warcraft. I'm sorry. Fail.

whatever. starcraft IS cutesy compared to warcraft. deal with it. Warcraft IS cutesy compared to warhammer that doesnt make starcraft or warhammer BAD, just less epic or serious than the one next to it.

warhammer is all dark and glorious. Warcraft is more light hearted, but still has the up close and personal. Starcraft is ok. I know lots of people love starcraft, but to me its just a pale imitation of 40k, so id rather not discuss it or youll get all offended when I point out whats wrong with it.

Level 35
Starwars is meh, when you combine it with LOTR in battle..

A pure starwars theme while epic...would be kinda unimaginative I think.

Make some of your own battles, your own races, your own stuff....creativity is part of the judging afterall.

And please do not argue over cutsey in the contest...this r serius contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.