• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art contest #2 - Steampunk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Is this steampunky enough for you? If yes, count me in.

Attachments

• SteamPunk contest.jpg
    SteamPunk contest.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 429
Level 19
Commie, the first one is leagues better.

Change the smoke and the chimney though, they look smudged and rushed. Some of the angle are just wrong, as well. Use a ruler/flat surface if you can't get the lines right.

EDIT: What are you using instead of a scanner? Nice work, especially on the mace arm.

Level 24
Commie, the first one is leagues better.

Change the smoke and the chimney though, they look smudged and rushed. Some of the angle are just wrong, as well. Use a ruler/flat surface if you can't get the lines right.
EDIT: What are you using instead of a scanner? Nice work, especially on the mace arm.

It looks more steamy that way,in my oppinion!

Level 2
Wont be joining the compy... just here to talk about steampunk and give some ideas / suggestions. :grin:

It seems that wikipedia defined steampunk as :

Steampunk is a subgenre of fantasy and speculative fiction that came into prominence in the 1980s and early 1990s. The term denotes works set in an era or world where steam power is still widely used—usually the 19th century, and often set in Victorian era England—but with prominent elements of either science fiction or fantasy, such as fictional technological inventions like those found in the works of H. G. Wells and Jules Verne, or real technological developments like the computer occurring at an earlier date.
Heres an art pic from the game Rise Of Legends. ( one of the races in this game, the Vinci, is based on steampunk, and this is one of the units they can build )
clockworkmanmo5.jpg

So it would be great if some of u guys could work towards an image like the one above. :thumbs_up: Good luck guys !

this took one hell of a long time to colour on the computer. its 2 am right now. (i gotta stop staying awake so late.)
meant to imitate some sort of military promotional poster. you know. like "we kick ass and if you join us, you can kick ass too" kinda thing.
i dont know. not turned as quite as i hoped.
-------------------
Juggernaut-035
juggarnaut.jpg
similar to the other WW1 steam thingy i did in terms of structure
on the right arm, armewith a massive revolver cannon. like clint eastwood for mechs but more badass. its for literally blowing a hole in enemy formation. it will go through walls, people, horses, some more people...etc
on the left arm, a multishop heavy rifle with added sword for close combat.
----------------------
there is a person to operate it. and also for size comparison.
originally was going to make it more 3-d not a side view but i wanted to show off all the weapon detail

oh and i used a massive paper texture from the internet for the background. is that against the rules? if yes, please tell me so i could change it.

yeah but whats that green stuff in the capsule on the back?

Dude, mine also has a capsule of green stuff on the back... Like all proper steampunk machines -> like such

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

W.I.P. No. 6 :

Attachments

• Steampunk wip 6.jpg
    Steampunk wip 6.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 898
Last edited:
Level 10
lol communist orc, just because steampunk is backwards on technology doesn't mean they couldn't forge a round wheel... even cavemen could do that ;P

Interesting design otherwise, I like it anyways.

One thing that's bugging me but with these entries is I'm seeing alot of steam, but not enough PUNK! Like I know the genre is more focused on the lack of technology (and most of the time romance) but it totally has the word punk in the title. Am I the only one who thinks post-apocalyptic street scavengers with clockwork weaponry sounds cool?

.... I am, aren't I :(

Level 10
ahhh Just_Spectating, you've suffered alot of criticism so far but you've been taking it on board and your entry has been getting more steam punkish the more you work on it.

If you could bronze up the yellow areas a bit more and put some wear and tear onto the other metallic areas I think you'll have it. The desert background does it a treat

gw

Status
Not open for further replies.