• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Contest #3 - Demonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a sketch and the current progress of my work...

(I know it don't look very demonic yet, but i'll be working a lot more on it you know.)

Attachments

• Manisfestion of Desecration Skitse.jpg
    Manisfestion of Desecration Skitse.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 141
  • Manisfestion of Desecration Progress.jpg
    Manisfestion of Desecration Progress.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 166
ha. 3 days to go and i finished this one today. no wip because i done the whole thing during school lunch. i never put wip normally anyways.

anyways, it is not meant to be anything. just an abstract concept art. no colour cos i always screw up with colour.

contestentry.jpg

unless i draw sumthing up until the dealine, this is my final entry

if the judges want the original res in case for purpose of judging, please comment or pm

Level 26
True dat. and if the contest theme is "Demonic" it would be stupid to copy a pocemon concept... Their not very evil, their cute^^
Pichu_by_koneko_no_suki.jpg

Am I the only one who finds that thing bloody terrifying? o_O

Also ... you're also guessing the wrong source of inspiration -.- It was actually supposed to be a zerg, but the arm/shield hybrid is from those fat things in Halo ... but I forget what they're called.

ON TOPIC: My favourite pokemon is Munchlax. So cute :x

Level 10
Introducing... the Grey Hound!

Well, here's my WIP, as per contest rules...

This lil' buddy of mine has been ravaging my mind for, I think, months now.
He actually came in a dream, of all places!

Anyways, introducing the Grey Hound!
...or, atleast, his WIP portrait.
more to come soon.-_-

-around 4 hours later -

Alright, I made some progress tonight!

If anyone could give their thoughts about this, I'd be ever thankful.
Other then that, if I can no longer work on this picture, this would be the finished product!

" The Grey Hound finds the people whos'e souls bear the mark of the hunter. Whomever has such a soul, though kept in control by the years of condtitioning the victim had during his childhood and by his actual physical form, clearly not made for rending flesh with ease, are natural predators.

The Grey Hound, over the centuries, has abducted thousands of innocents from their very home and world into his own, where he would rend the very flesh and bone off the poor victim, releasing his spirit into the twisted, ghost-filled lands that is the Den of the Grey Hound.

Over a course of time, the now bodyless spirit, ripped from the natural cycle of life, takes on a slow, but steady transformation into the beast it really is. Animalistic instincts cick in, and, nudged slightly by some dark influence the Grey Hounds' realm has, the soul become more and more like a finley sharpened blade: quick, dangerous, and highly agressive. It is when this metamorphisis has completed when the Grey Hound takes the, now savage, spirit, and molds the remains of said ghost into a now more fitting form.

These so called Spirit Ravagers, huge mutated lupine figures, with glowing blue eyes, are then released back into a world, to wreak mayhem and havoc, and to be part of the Great Hunt.

The Grey Hound doesnt find his tinkering evil. From his point of view, he's just releasing a fellow spirit from the fleshy chains keeping it imprisoned.

Spirit Ravagers are rare and highly valuable familiars to necromancers, if the beast can be subdued and the seemingly lost humanity can be reinforced again. They usually take any order from the person who "released" them, but look for every opportunity to fight: In their case of death, their souls would once again be returned to the cycle, cleansed from their memories. However, as belief says it, if one would commit suicide, his/her soul would turn back into the beast it became, and, with no physical body to control, would haunt the world forever more, until it has been forcibly pushed back into the cycle by a priest or necromancer skilled in the art of Exorsism."

The image depicts the Grey Hound in his plain of existance, just returning from a scouting trip.

[Edit: That guy below me has a point. Posts Merged.]

Attachments

• Grey Hound.jpg
    Grey Hound.jpg
    423 KB · Views: 273
  • Grey Hound WIP.jpg
    Grey Hound WIP.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
Level 10
Well, here's my updated picture...

I tried adding a bit more shading to Hound, and slightly changed the backround.

Meh, I might just redo the whole thing, if it doesnt meet the standars of the contest :p

Attachments

• Grey HoundNew.jpg
    Grey HoundNew.jpg
    796.6 KB · Views: 260
Level 45
Why did u use both?,in which areas is opencanvas better? (im amazed at ur skillz and want to know your secrets^^)

@ graystuff: And a new contestant has just entered the ring! No but seriously, your deamon looks sweet!
I just feel more comfortable with OC for sketching but it has terrible brush and stroke settings.
I used photoshop for brushes and the fact i need to use it for classes at uni, so i need practice.

Level 12
Oh noes!! Ah hell next time then :p

Okay thanks for the suggestion :grin:

I do use a scanner sometimes, but it's over at my relatives' place.

Edit

I churned one out quickly.

It's a demon made of shadows and the presence of fear.

Done in pen and edited in photoshop, "Liquify" tool.

well its new and i've never posted it before! :thumbs_up:

Attachments

• demon.jpg
    demon.jpg
    959.8 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.