• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Contest #3 - Demonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Well. I'll eventually make something but... Friky, your demon wip looks very similar to the Castlevania monster is might have been inspired by? It's the angel wings and giant tentacle head to boot :p.

cthulu.gif

Everyone's WIPs have been so awesome though! :cry:

Well, I've been working on my own wip but it's more of a pair monster, a demented guardian and one freaky child like the Little Sister/Bouncer combo from Bioshock.

I'm working on the child because it's so hard to make a legit looking demonic child... For me at least. And this is quite old but I'm jealous of your manga demonzorz wip guy Ike Ike! >;o

Level 9
I discussed this Contest with fellow, and we think its very sad that everyone interprets this Contest in an uncreative way.
Nearby all u Guys draw/paint Demons, but the Contest theme is Demonic and not Demon.
Just bit uncreative

@Agrias
Lol, this Castlevania thing looks exactly same xD

Level 34
Haha, I'm not screwed, even before I saw Agrias' post I decided to make a new demon...
1. I got inspired by Malachi too much (Malachi - name of that demon)
2. I realised it's not fair and not creative
3. Right now, I'm playing Castlevania, Dawn of Sorrow so that motivated me :p

I'm thinkin' of something... hmm...

EDIT: Malachi or Cthulu

Last edited:
Level 3
I'm teh sleuth! I've drawn up a few demons I'm slightly proud of. I'll scan them so I can see if you guys want to ridicule them or just faintly praise them xD.

Sorry FrIkY, I've got teh memories of castlevania lol. Soma Soma Soma.

Level 9
Well organic organisms are far more interesting then a demonic object and really spices up a picture.

Ye, in most cases.
But how written in the starting Post it shouldnt be a red horned guy.
That does not mean that you "should" draw a red horned dog...
It dont want to hold you back or something, everybody should paint what he likes to.
And it has not to be a thing.
It can also be a demonic smile, or a child.
Or even a Teddybear can be Demonic :>

However, i dont want to talk to much about things which could be better, if even i am to lazy to make a subsciption for this contest :p

Level 3
lol. It's my fault Friky left I guess xD. I'll scan my artz soon and post it in a few. Drama Drama lol.

Edit; Finally got around to scanning it... I've got 3 different concepts, input on these would be great so I could make them look better.

First Concept. 4 Conjoined bodies, each lacks something, sight, hearing, smell, etc. A slow moving beast. I made this on Wednesday and then I went to blizzard .com and I saw the unburied or whatever? Yeah. It was an awesome monster for the win.
dconcept1.jpg

A strange turtle thing? It's a tripedal(whatever) creature that hops on one leg sometimes like in the picture. It has a kid with claw arms hanging out from the shell.
dconcept2.jpg

I liked this idea but I didn't draw it well. A demon who carries a cross on his back and fight with it. Badly drawn but I could have drawn it standing up instead of bending over with the crucifix on it's back.
dconcept3.jpg

Last edited:
Level 34
Just as a note: A crucifix is a (for lack of a better word) model of Christ on the cross, that is simply a cross on his back.

Level 3
Just as a note: A crucifix is a (for lack of a better word) model of Christ on the cross, that is simply a cross on his back.

I know. It's supposed to be a sort of pagan thing showing a maimed demon on a cross and saying it's a crucifix. I might as well make it a demon carrying a crucified demon on his back x x. Thanks anyways, keep that in mind so I pick my words much more carefully!...

I've got some new concepts and a redone version of one of my 3 original concepts. I'll scan them... Eventually... D;

Level 12
These are two of the concepts I have explored, done in pen. Should be working on the one on the left.

btw bad image quality cause I took it with a camera and the shadow on the lower part of the paper is obvious lulz

Flesh Golem + Tortured Soul ideas :S

Attachments

• IMG_0908.JPG
    IMG_0908.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0909.JPG
    IMG_0909.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 219
Level 3
Being so amazing at art ( First ever try at concept art) i decided to haev a crack at drawing something demonic, Basically i drew a clawno chance of winning but i may post it later for some CC

Status
Not open for further replies.