• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Contest #3 Submission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
140841-albums879-picture9005.png

Theme: Demonic
Each contestant must create a hand made demonic subject.
Your aim is to bring us something really original and creative. Unoriginal work, such as a random red guy with horns & claws, will influence the judging in a negative way. "Demonic" is something supernatural that is generally described as a malevolent spirit. This includes creatures and objects as well.

Your aim is the creation of something fresh and new, to get rid of the red horned guys.

Contest Rules And Conditions
  • All entries must follow The Hiveworkshop's rules.
  • Blood, gore, intense violence, and extreme visions of the grotesque are allowed as long as they follow site rules and are within a good level of reason, just as the contest's theme.
  • The art piece must contain at minimum one character or invention.
  • The art piece must be a newly created work started after the contest begins. Old work is NOT allowed.
  • You must show at minimum one WIP pic in order for your entry to qualify.
  • Please be original in your creative process.
  • You may have a background in your art piece. however, this is a concept art contest, not a landscape contest.
  • Please make sure that your concept is the center focus, and not the background.
  • The art piece must deal with the contest's theme.
  • Artistic theft, attempting to sabotage another artist's work, voting for yourself in the public poll and breaking the rules results in disqualifiaction at least.

Contest Prizes And Winnings
  • First Place: 40 reputation points and a special award icon
  • Second Place: 25 reputation points
  • Third Place: 10 reputation points

Contest Judging And Voting
  • Judges:
    <Judge>

• 50 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 50 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

If you would like to enter the contest simply make a post in this thread, stating the information about your entry.

Contest Dates And Deadline
  • The contest shall begin on Date and conclude on [rainbow]Date (20 days)
    Time[/rainbow] (GMT)

Last edited:
Level 34
When Phoenix Trail #4 and Cinematic Contest #2 are done, we can start this one.

I still don't like the fact that you used an image as an example of what not to make.

Level 34
I like images for banners, just get a more suited one. I've found a couple that aren't "typical".
Although I'm not sure about copyrights and all that.

daemon.jpg

anima__fire_demon_by_wen_m.jpg

Level 34
If you don't match the theme, you don't get accepted. Although we're pretty lenient with that usually.

Level 16
I'm making a centaur I think :p
But other ideas might be... Demonic tree-like thing? Or something that lives in poisonous swamps.. or combine it ;) Maybe a demon that lives in the water but has a fish lookalike on its tail to catch predators? Or you could make a vulture that carries a nest of smaller furious vultures on its back. Or a demon goblin that carries a smelter on his belly and forges insane weapons. Perhaps a demon that flies on a cloud of wasps or a garden demon that cuts off your hands with a big pair of scissors :O Or an undead sand pirate that sails across the deserts to search for his egyptian phoenix parrot :D but plz dont make a centaur :p

Status
Not open for further replies.