• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Concept Creation Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24

nightelfcampaign1600x_2.jpg

Map Concept Creation Contest #1
Designing a Warcraft 3 Campaign

Contest Rules And Conditions
  • Teamwork is not allowed.
  • Every CnP related stuff will lead to immediate disqualification and will be reported to the side's moderators.
  • No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  • Your submission must be posted before the deadline.
  • Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
  • All submissions must be realistic and executable in Warcraft 3 TFT.
  • Your submission has to be in a proper format (.pdf, .doc,) or made directly in your post on thw.

Contest Prizes And Winnings
  • First Place: 25 reputation points and a special award icon
  • Second Place: 10 reputation points
  • Third Place: 5 reputation points

Contest Judging And Voting
  • Judges:
    will be chosen soon
  • Judging Criteria:

Originality
    The idea has to be original and creative and should not match already existing campaigns/10

Amount
    The more detailed and extensive your entry is the better the result/10

Form
    This points includes concept art, icons, your language skills (which will of course not be judged that hard) and other demonstrative stuff that describes your project well./5
  • 50 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 50 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

Contestants

If you would like to enter the contest simply make a post in this thread, stating the information about your entry.

Entry NameContestant Name

Contest Dates And Deadline
  • The contest shall begin on Friday the 17th of July and conclude on [rainbow]the 21st of August
    Time[/rainbow] (GMT)

Level 24

Detailed Conditions:

• At least one main character and two semi characters have to be described in detail with a fitting amount of background story
  • Each of them should have at least for unique spells including their tooltips (icons optional)
  • The campaign should have at least three chapters
  • Quests should be made
  • An outline of the maps should be added (actual terrain screenshots or your own concept paintings are optional).
  • Special systems you want to use should be named and described (they have to be executable!)

Notica that this is a Screenwriting, Storyboarding & Concept Creation Contest were no actual map is needed. You are given a lot of time and I hope to see some good ideas with detailed and lovely description.

You can post your entries in this thread or if you want, I'll open a submission thread.

Level 19
I'm on a vacation till sunday but after that I might join this.
Just one question: Does it have to be warcraft 3 lore related? Or can you make up your own storyline?

Level 18
This is just a campaign contest without the map or a story writing contest with annoying boring details like spells. Also, the rewards should be nearly as much as in a Campaign Contest. All with all, I think this contest will probably get not much people into this because it just takes way too long and all you're doing is typing.

Level 19
:O

Didn't really get it. Thought you had to make a campaign, but all you do is writing things down because you can't make the things yourself? Tbh I don't like that concept and I'm not going to join this anymore:(

Level 24
well. this is no campaign contest. contest #2 might be to design a melee map, #3 to make concepts for an aos.

guys, where is your problem, ever heard

Notica that this is a Screenwriting, Storyboarding & Concept Creation Contest were no actual map is needed.

you know 'concept'?

if not i might search in workwiki or such things.

for the rewards thank gilles.

Level 19
Yeah well. I like doing things in World Editor. And this is kinda avoiding WE as much as possible. I like making a good concept, but then I also want the opportunity to evaluate my concept into something real.
It's like posting something in terrainers section where you describe your terrain withoud posting it... It doesn't really fit my style so I won't join it. Ofc I accept if there are people that like it, but it doesn't fit my style because I prefer drawing/editing more then writing.

Level 34
Something like this may already be in the works. Right now I don't like the rules of this contest, but you may see something similar come up soon.

Level 34
I didn't say it will be hosted, I said we've been having discussion about hosting a new type of contest.

It's got a similar feel or general idea, but it's definitely different. This contests rules are far too constrictive.

Level 34
Doesn't really matter since we're not at all likely to host this anytime soon. Actually now that I read your description more carefully, it's not really like the contest we have in the works. It's not really a campaign per se, but it's got some elements of your "rules/theme".

I'm actually excited about it, so keep your eyes peeled. Hopefully it'll be a big hit.

Level 34
This contest is not going to be hosted right now, and if it ever is, it would need some changes.

The second part of my post was referring to the contest we might host soon. Something unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.