• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Music Video Cinematic Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17

[size=6+]Music Video Cinematic Contest #1[/size]
Each contestant must make a music video into Warcraft III
(I'm not sure if I will decide what song it would be)

Contest Rules And Conditions
  1. No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  2. If a submission does not follow the map submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
  3. All submissions must follow the current theme. If any model does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
  4. Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
    • Several screenshots of terrain and dialogue.
    • The file in the appropriate format.
  5. You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
  6. Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
  7. Teamwork is not allowed.
  8. Imports may be used in the map.
  9. Syncing is a must. (Part of Display)

Contest Prizes And Winnings
  • First Place: 20 reputation points and a special award icon
  • Second Place: 10 reputation points
  • Third Place: 5 reputation points

Contest Judging And Voting
  • Judging Criteria:
    • Judge
      • Scripting/Trigger - /20
      • Adaptation to Music - /20
      • Special Effect /10
    • Public
      • Creativity - /20
      • Entertainment - /20
      • Display - /10
  • 50% of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 50% of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

I copy pasted this from http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f233/multiplayer-cinematic-contest-theme-battle-117187/ and changed a few settings for it to be my contest :D

Anyway, do you likey?

Last edited:
Level 17
That seems the same as Cinematic Contest, but with Music Video theme. :/

Well, its not really a theme. A theme is like making it based on humans, starcraft, protons, undead, orc... A music video can be adapted on those themes.

Anyway, no one has ever made a music video (except for that Music Fountain which isn't anything but a water show)

Level 12
The main distinction between music video and cinematics listed here are

These cinematic has music as background and effect are playing, it can have different song and it wont change a thing

And music video, mostly (mostly) is like: some scenes on that guy playing with his whole band (except hip hop, there is no playing), and then some other scene is going on,mostly it fits the theme of the song, and these two scenes are changing.

Do you understand now?

Status
Not open for further replies.