• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiplayer Cinematic Contest [Theme Battle]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31

[size=6+]Multiplayer Cinematic Contest #1[/size]
Each contestant must create a battle cinematic.

Contest Rules And Conditions
  1. No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  2. If a submission does not follow the map submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
  3. All submissions must follow the current theme. If any model does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
  4. Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
    • Several screenshots of terrain and dialogue.
    • The file in the appropriate format.
  5. You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
  6. Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
  7. Judges and/or hosts may not participate.
  8. Your final submission must be bug free.
  9. Teamwork is not allowed.
  10. Imports may be used in the map, however they must all be credited.
  11. Your map file size should not exceed 3.5mb
  12. Your cinematic must be able to be view by more than 1 user.
  13. Your cinematic must follow the following time limits.
    • Your cinematic must be exactly or longer than 2 minutes.
    • Your cinematic may be no longer than 5 minutes even by just 1 second.

Contest Prizes And Winnings
  • First Place: 30 reputation points and a special award icon
  • Second Place: 15 reputation points
  • Third Place: 5 reputation points

Contest Judging And Voting
  • Judging Criteria:
    • Judge
      • Scripting/Trigger - /20
      • Music & Voice Act- /20
      • Special Effect & Sound Effect /10
    • Public
      • Creativity - /20
      • Entertainment - /20
      • Storyline - /10
  • 50% of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 50% of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

Level 12
Why "Multiplayer"?

I agree. Why bother with the extra triggers only for that. It's pointless. Only reason someone would do that is if you hosted it at battle.net to distribute it better and those that want it can still just download from the site.

Also, this seems more of a mini-cinematic contest due to the time limit.

Level 31
1) I seen the previous cinematic contest, it seems like all the contest was rather focus at single player and usually all of it doesn't have restriction at file size, rendering some of the map have rather huge size due to voice act and music.

By having a file size restriction, it would give a challenge to the participant itself to be more creative and be caution on how to develop it.

2) I had try to create a multiplayer cinematic with battle theme to see how hard it was to develop it. From what I experience, I do not see any difficulty to develop it.

I agree. Why bother with the extra triggers only for that. It's pointless. Only reason someone would do that is if you hosted it at battle.net to distribute it better and those that want it can still just download from the site.

Also, this seems more of a mini-cinematic contest due to the time limit.

If you refer to this way, I must said it was a poor way of coding a cinematic.

• Initialization
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 1 (Red) to (Center of (Playable map area)) over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 2 (Blue) to (Center of (Playable map area)) over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 3 (Teal) to (Center of (Playable map area)) over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 4 (Purple) to (Center of (Playable map area)) over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 5 (Yellow) to (Center of (Playable map area)) over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 6 (Orange) to (Center of (Playable map area)) over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 7 (Green) to (Center of (Playable map area)) over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 8 (Pink) to (Center of (Playable map area)) over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 9 (Gray) to (Center of (Playable map area)) over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 10 (Light Blue) to (Center of (Playable map area)) over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 11 (Dark Green) to (Center of (Playable map area)) over 0.00 seconds
And don't underestimate the way a battle cinematic should be develop, if you view the rules I state. You would notice it have lot's of strict criteria. So, it should not be a mini-cinematic contest

Level 31
Only reason to why people don't like the idea is that they think they can't create a decent cinematic without tons of imports. I say try first.
And panning/applying the camera only reqires a player group action.
I have done it before, three times to be exact.

Yep, I have try it before to see if it was possible. Based on my experience, yes it was. So why not have it this way?

Status
Not open for further replies.