• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Contest #3 - Demonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
but ... everybody is able to choose his own ava

how does it work with the award? xD

ps: ah I thought the poll is open for some weeks or something like that

as far as I think to know it works like that for the award:
1. only the winner gets an award
2. some mod or admin creates it for you.
3. It is usually somehow connected with your work. For example. If you win a modeling contest with a pig warrior model ,then your award will look like a close-up of your model.
But if you win a terraining contest with a holidays them and you created a beach you will get a palm or something else connected to summer as your award.

And in this contest you will get something demonic as your award icon. And it could be possible that it will be the face of your creature.

Wazzah this is my demon :D, i just have to add color with photoshop :D

i call it the DEMOGRE... :D demon/ogre, get it? >:D

MOUHHAHhahahaha, just have a simple question, wich skin color should i make him? D:

Attachments

• Demogre.jpg
    Demogre.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 1,010
Level 36
That's pretty sweet! The peg leg is a bit off, though, I suggest you tilt it maybe 5 degrees towards the wall, because right now it looks like he is putting a lot of his weight on the hand, which would break the wall. Also, on the hand that is on the wall, it appears that the pinky finger and the ring finger are larger than the middle and index fingers, which is odd; unless you meant it to be like that... in which case it's still odd.

As for skin color, I suggest a dark, almost grayish flesh color, like that of a Duergar.

Level 14
Finnished the heads for the most part. I tried doing the stitching for the left babies face but it was too detailed and stood out too much. I will get back to that later. For now I intend to just focus on the parts I like and save the rest for later. Such as the thing the two of them are sitting on. I will probably keep its color but change it into something more fitting.

Attachments

• WIP6.JPG
    WIP6.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 246
Level 36
Here's a little sketch I made for the concept. I'm going to re-do the thing digitally, though, and maybe make a few changes.

The light source is supposed to be where his hands are, but that will be easier to see on the digital version.

Attachments

• demonwip.jpg
    demonwip.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 249
Level 34
Here's a little sketch I made for the concept. I'm going to re-do the thing digitally, though, and maybe make a few changes.

The light source is supposed to be where his hands are, but that will be easier to see on the digital version.
Those are some small hands. You know what they say about small hands.

Level 26

The shading's rather odd. Not everything has to be a gradient, y'know.

Also... why do people have to sign their names so bloody BIG?

well. here is a wip since i think nobody understood my last post because of crap quality pic

demo2.jpg

wtf is it? its my reimagining of beelzebub, a fly demon of hell

the quality is drastically reduced in the one i am uploading now.
the real one i am working on will be of bigger size than the 5000x1700 and better quality. possibly woth colour if i could manage it
of course i will reduce the resoultion in the final phase of things so i could upload it more easily.

Level 9
thank you don dustin for that information about the award

@mr. goblin: hey the right arm is stolen of the 300 creature^^

@pyramidhead: your insect/cybernetic creature is nice, but the back don't fit.. . way too big
I would replace that with a normal dragon tail or something like that

Last edited:
Level 26
w00 manga style, methinks. I was going to do a centaur (>>see Aztec centaur concept pl0x, except I started that before the contest...)

So now I'm doing a manga demon spawn type thing.

Attachments

• Aztecs are funny 21-2-09.jpg
    Aztecs are funny 21-2-09.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 489
  • DEMONSPAWN! 27-2-09.jpg
    DEMONSPAWN! 27-2-09.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 235
@mr. goblin: hey the right arm is stolen of the 300 creature^^

we established that few pages ago and i gotta say, MrGoblin's deogre is at least twice as awesome than the 300 creature, even without colour and 3d-ness

@pyramidhead: your insect/cybernetic creature is nice, but the back don't fit.. . way too big
I would replace that with a normal dragon tail or something like that

well i know how awkward its ass looks but i wanted to give it a bloated fly's ass cos its a fly demon. if i gave it a normal tail, it would no longer look like a fly. thanks for the suggestion tho ^_^

Level 5
Im also in, making actually an Angel which is transforming in a Dämon.
In the real one you will see the wings in the whole and more.

its Wip at the moment im working on the head.

woman.jpg

and this is the first try i made

Attachments

• angel1.jpg
    angel1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 193
Level 26
Raaarrrgh. Whilst colouring my previous WIP, I was reminded of how much I loathe cel shading. New WIP!

You may or may not vaguely recall its design as being a modified variant of the Meteorae, a mysterious demon species last observed lurking in my doodle thread.

Attachments

• Demon 28-2-09 .jpg
    Demon 28-2-09 .jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 207
Status
Not open for further replies.