• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Challenge : Ike_Ike / Pyramidhe@d / Mr.Goblin / Shiik

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hive Workshop

Human Steam-punk warrior

2K-Marin-Reveals-Prototype-Big-Daddy-Concept-Art.jpg

Challenge Arena Rules:

* Don't cheat, cause if you do you are a failure and Death will poke you.
* Your submission must folow the rules of the Hiveworkshop.
* Any form of visual art is alloud: Sculpting, 3D modeling, Drawing, etc.
* Every Challengers must show at least 1 WIP (because ''Work in progress'' are awesome)
* You must write a small text describing your concept, to explain basically what's the abilitys, items, backstory of your
concept.

Subject:
Concept Art

Theme:
Human Steam-punk warrior
The Human, can be female or male/ If you decide to make a cyborg, it must be at least 50% human.

Challenge Duration:
Starts the : 25th of December
Ends the : 1th of February

Proposed Reputation Award:
20 Points

Challenge judging:
Public Poll

Details:
Because we believe concept art competitions aren't hosted enough on the hive, and we want to show our mad skills in conceptualizing. Beside, doing art is fun! :D Beware, everyone, A Mad goblin alchemist vs a Scary Pyramidhead, vs an Insane Dyke_dyke vs a Shocking Shiik vs a freaky Dwarf engineer.. this battle will be intense..:ogre_hurrhurr:

P.s = Still under construction :goblin_jawdrop:

Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Yes, we should. I've got no deadlines as of now, and all the efforts I'm doing are pretty loose, meaning I can fit this in whenever you guys want.

Hmm, I'm not professional, but I don't think 3D modeling should be allowed. It Doesn't really fit in a >>Concept<< art contest. Concepts are normaly used to do a 3D Model.

Anything is aloud in my competition, because CONCEPT ART can be represented under ANY FORM...

and I've seen people do 3D concept art model...

Level 7
Concept art doesn't have to do only with drawing, the word concept can be pretty much anything... A concept for a book, concept of a game, concept of this, that, etc... I kinda was interested in knowing why it's called concept art contest, not Drawing contest or something similar.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I guess this is on now, right? Or does it officially need to be approved first?

I guess this is on now, right? Or does it officially need to be approved first?

let's say it already started, and if it doesn't get approuved before the end of the contest, than it will be pushed until it gets approuve.. :D

Damn.. I don't know about you guys.. even tough I have my concept, I just don't feel like drawing it..

if you guys feel the same, let me know so I can change the dates, anyway, since this is a friendly challange and everyone should have FUN doing it, I have no problem changing the dates.. OR the THEME..

cause I don't feel like drawing something steam-punk-ish right now... since I'm already into something else.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I haven't started mine yet, and I don't mind if you want to shift the deadline, but I fear it'll end up just being postponed all the time if we don't settle on a final deadline.

The dead line is almost over, and none of us as seemed to care about this compo really...

dang, I believe we should cancel it and maybe re-create it later... what do you think?

some other time, when we will all seems to be ''wanted to participate'' I myself got draged into other projects, and this competition even tough at first seemed highly enjoyable, I just didn't found the time to work on it because I was too much paying attention on other drawing/concepting projects.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Disaster! Disaster I say!

Anyway.. I had this in mind, but I didn't find time nor inspiration to finish it:
Maya%20Steampunk%20Gunslinger%20WIP%202%20%2825%25%29.png

Status
Not open for further replies.