• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #13 - Buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
I guess this is my final Submission.

Name: Shrine of the Deathwalker View attachment Shrine3.mdx
Poly Count: 1620
File Size: Aprox. 97 Kb

You might find out if you play my campaign (if I finish it)

This is the first time I attempt serious animating so they are pretty simple.
The shrine rises from the ground, forming a stair along the way. Once it's risen the pool is filled with burning lava and then the bones on the sides grow out. At the end the skull rises from the pool of lava.

Simply an animation where the model stands still.

The skulls speaks a spell, quite to himself to summon whatever dreadfull creature he intends to unleash upon the world.

The Shrine channels flames through the four bones around the pool to join at a specific point where they form a fireball that is launched toward a nearby enemy.

Three somewhat massive explotions burst out of the Shrine, forcing the skull to withdraw in pain. Once the shrine has lost it's only mind it sinks into the ground and the bones decay.

The Bones continue to twist and deform untill they are no longer existing.

ShrinePreview.jpg

EDIT: I changed the texture on the bones and added Team Color on them. shamanyouranus asked me to so that he could aprove the model in the model section. I think it looks more evil now so I go with it.

Last edited:
well here is my ~3800 poly of joy.

Shrine of Khorne
Khorne is the bloodthirsty god of war from WH40k
screeny.jpg

the only animation that i really put detail to was death upgrade second. others are pretty bleugh!!!
i think i will just scrap the rest of the anim, redeo another birth anim and upload it in the model section

View attachment Shrine of Khorne.rar

the good thing is that the file size is mild because i used ingame textures. the bad news is that it is as mentioned around 3800 polys but as far as i know the amount of polys does not significantly affect the game performance.

i had a more interesting design but it required me to use animated texture (which i dont know how to)

Meh, this is what I created so far, not sure if finished, I know is pretty crappy, but that's because the boss wasn't avalaible much, so I made on my way. I know that hat wanker awesome guy will go like 'no, no, not like that, it's fugly and doesn't fit', so I will probably have to work further on it. Also the name it isn't final, it will be chosen by him.

Attachments

• towers.MDX
    93.8 KB · Views: 292
Level 8
A naga Moon Well on Guard Tower poles?

don't worry got a lot of changes to make:smile::smile:

btw does anyone know the path of sunken ruins doodads cuz i'm having a bit of trouble finding them XD

They're in wc3x.mpq.

Also you might want to merge your posts.
thanks, and sorry for double-posting

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.