• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Competition #9 - Flying Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 45
Modeling Competition #9!

Contest Theme: Flying Unit

Each contestant must create a Flying unit. This means it can be a flying monstrous serpent dragon, a new gnome aircraft, a flying demon. The choice is up to you as long as its flying in the air.
Contest Rules And Conditions
  1. No submission may violate any Hive Workshop site rules.
  2. The model must follow the current theme. If any model does not fit, a moderator will tell you ASAP as to avoid confusion.
  3. Must contain at minimum the following animations, the rest is up to you:
    • Stand
    • Attack
    • Walk
    • Death
    • Portrait Animation (whether it's for a camera or a separate portrait model)
  4. You have to make sure the model is fully and correctly functional in-game.
  5. You must post at least 1 WIP preview before the deadline.
  6. You may make as many models as you want, however pick only one for the final judge's evaluation.
  7. To qualify for entry, you must post your model(s) in .mdx format, and an in-game screenshot of the model.
  8. You must post your entry before the deadline expires and attach it to a post.
  9. You must make the model for this competition, which means that you cannot use old works.
  10. Please PM your FINAL model to me once you are done. This makes it a lot easier for me to pick out the finished models from the WIPs.
Prizes And Winnings

• First Place: 50 reputation points and a special award icon.
  • Second Place: 35 reputation points
  • Third Place: 20 reputation points
Contest Judging And Voting
  • 50 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
    • Score shall be taken out of 50 points,
      • 15 points for mesh (verts and faces)
      • 10 points for animations (or how well Blizzard animations have been used)
      • 10 points for skin (or how well Blizzard skins have been used)
      • 5 points for mechanics (how good does this model look ingame)
      • 5 points for effects (appropriate use of particles, effect geometry, etc.)
      • 5 points for creativity.
  • 50 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
  • Final Score = Judge's Score + (votes/(total votes))*50 = (score)/100
Contest Dates And Deadline

All submissions must be complete and submitted 1 month after the contest is started.
The contest shall begin on June 30th, 2008 and conclude on

July 30th, 2008 0:00 AM, GMT

Level 9
Wip.

Attachments

• wip.JPG
    wip.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 272

TDR

TDR

Level 18
maya....why? why for wc3? even if you feel more comfortable in it, you'll still have to animate it in max.

anyway, I won't enter unless there will be someone who'll prove out to be a real challenge (*cough*...anetherond?...supa?...*cough*I shall see). But I'll be watching the progress.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
HT, although the hell hound texture is meh, you've managed to use it well (even if it's a tad stretched on the back). What you should really work on in this model are the wings, as they look too generic currently (yes, I'm aware its an early stage WIP, just mentioning).

Sansui, that's looking rather nice, though I'd add a tad more length to that spine's rear end. Otherwise you'd risk it ending up like a pair of wings (since they'll mostly cover the main body as far as I can see). The wings themselves look good. A bit overscaled though.

Nex, yours is the most original and has the potential of becoming a bad-ass model with some details (as TDR mentioned).

Early WIP of my Fire Mephit model.

attachment.php

A few notes before you say anything:
- I will fix the wraps.
- The model will have a head.
- I removed the lower body to use fire emitters instead (like in TDR's Shadow Efreet model). Plus the UV map on the Gargoyle's legs is too hideous for me to remap.

Attachments

• Early_WIP_FireMephit.jpg
    Early_WIP_FireMephit.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 369
Sup
finished it. it took the whole day to do but its done.

introducing a new product from Pyramidhe@d industry
[RAINBOW]Shroom Heavy Bomber Squad[/RAINBOW]
pic.jpg
...is a heavy air unit of the shroom race. the Shroom Heavy Bomber Squad, aka Shroom Zepplin, bombs the crap out of mass crowds with poison bombs , very helpful when the next door neighbour is having a gigantically noisy party and you want to shut them up for good.
the current model is also armed with a heavy anti air cannon, for you to shoot down those pesky airplanes who have decided that you should stay awake for 3 days straight.
dont worry about maintanence(because we know you are cheap). this dirigible is organic and heals itself. it is also constantlly maintanenced by 4 minor shrooms.

normally a price of 230 gold and 150 wood, we now give you one for free. and this package also comes with one complimentary ShroomBomb 001
[RAINBOW]
get it now!![/RAINBOW]
View attachment ShroomZepplin.rar
satisfaction GUARANTEE!!!

if you are a tyranical tyrant of a certain "once wealthy but now really really really poor" african country, and you want to win the election by killing everyone, this product is just for you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.