• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Competition #10 - Elementals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
36336d1219534402-modeling-competition-10-competition1.png

STORM, EARTH, FIRE, HEED MY CALL!

Contest Theme: Elementals

Each contestant must create an elemental.
What is an elemental?
An elemental is a magical being composed of one element, be it lighting, air, earth, or even more imaginative!

Contest Rules And Conditions
  1. No submission may violate any Hive Workshop site rules.
  2. The model must follow the current theme. If any model does not fit, a moderator will tell you ASAP as to avoid confusion.
  3. Must contain at minimum the following animations, the rest is up to you:
    • Stand
    • Attack
    • Walk
    • Death
    • Portrait Animation (whether it's for a camera or a separate portrait model)

4. You have to make sure the model is fully and correctly functional in-game.
  5. You must post at least 1 WIP preview before the deadline.
  6. You may make as many models as you want, however pick only one for the final judge's evaluation.
  7. To qualify for entry, you must post your model(s) in .mdx format, and an in-game screenshot of the model.
  8. You must post your entry before the deadline expires and attach it to a post.
  9. You must make the model for this competition, which means that you cannot use old works.
  10. Please PM your FINAL model to me once you are done. This makes it a lot easier for me to pick out the finished models from the WIPs.

Prizes And Winnings
  • First Place: 50 reputation points and a special award icon.
  • Second Place: 35 reputation points
  • Third Place: 20 reputation points

Contest Judging And Voting
  • 50 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
    • Score shall be taken out of 50 points,
      • 15 points for mesh (verts and faces)
      • 10 points for animations (or how well Blizzard animations have been used)
      • 10 points for skin (or how well Blizzard skins have been used)
      • 5 points for mechanics (how good does this model look ingame)
      • 5 points for effects (appropriate use of particles, effect geometry, etc.)
      • 5 points for creativity.
  • 50 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
  • Final Score = Judge's Score + (votes/(total votes))*50 = (score)/100

Contest Dates And Deadline

All submissions must be complete and submitted 1 month and 1 week after the contest is started.
The contest shall begin on August 25th, 2008 and conclude on
October 2nd, 2008 0:00 AM, GMT

Last edited:
Level 9
haha good job but it's head is a bit big other than that i thinks it pretty good.

I think I'll enter this contest, it looks like a lot of fun.

and those who want to model for this but have no program to do so just use WarForger you can model and animate and just a hint: press 1 and 2 to switch between move and rotate. check modeling section of forum, it's a sticky.

Level 34
and those who want to model for this but have no program to do so just use WarForger you can model and animate and just a hint: press 1 and 2 to switch between move and rotate. check modeling section of forum, it's a sticky.
Where, WHERE! Where is it?! Want, want want... want! Give me a link, I am to retarded to find it on my own!

want.. want want...

EDIT:Ahh, I'm actually not retarded after all... my parents lied to me after all. I foundz it http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f276/warshape-warforger-good-free-animation-tools-guide-download-here-nasrudin-34028/

WIP #1 - Naaru

WoWWiki said:
The elementals are potent and volatile elemental spirits of pure elemental energies

I suppose a Naaru is potent, volatile, and pure. So that's what I've done. In this picture I haven't welded any of the vertices in the middle or fixed up the scaling, but it's the basic mesh.

I've noticed all the scaling value issues here, so don't tell me about that.

Attachments

• Naaru.JPG
    Naaru.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 257
Level 4
Hawk, you might want to edit the bit in the middle of your naaru a bit. Because if you look at the Naaru in WoW the little circle on your model is where their heads are.

2hxudeb.jpg

Level 9
NOOOOOOO. TDR that was my idea, mine will be ,however significently different so i guess it don't matter that much. ok mine will be a death elemental ... TDR and his mind reading but you can count on it being a very different death elemental than you are accustomed to.

and since TDR is much better at modeling he will beat me anyway :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.