• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Competition #7 - Siege Weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap I need to work faster.

This is some water cannon-y thingy. It shoots water out of the big tub on its back :>

Yes I know, I will get rid of the excess polies later.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 265

TDR

TDR

Level 18
Having lots of polies to begin with and removing them later is easier than adding polies when you realize you don't have enough.

no offense, but that's a pretty retarded way of thinking. You should add polygons just where you need them, removing them afterwards could result in a loss of a shape you liked much, and would require more time to re-make the topology around that spot in order to keep that shape.

no offense, but that's a pretty retarded way of thinking. You should add polygons just where you need them, removing them afterwards could result in a loss of a shape you liked much, and would require more time to re-make the topology around that spot in order to keep that shape.

I mean removing ones on the flat top and sides.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I started that way too, plane modeling is better and more efficient.

Level 22
Hi all, My Grunt's done, but I ran into a problem with his spell slam animation... It shows perfectly in Magos', but it won't play in warcraft... All of his geoset animations go haywire and he goes back into the default mesh posture.
It looks like how a model would look if multiple animations used the same frame, But I double checked, and it doesnt... Can someone help?

Level 20
My Entry

Kofi Banans Entry

Peon-Pong Tank

Advanced siege weapon. After Peons started contesting in Azeroth Ping Pong Championships, their engenieers figued that this sport has great military potential. Powerfull ping pong machinery can tear down any wall. Nothing can survive Ping-Ball hit.

WE settings:
Launch Animation : 0.650

Projectile Launch: Y: -60
Z: 180

Attachments

• ping pong Screen.jpg
    ping pong Screen.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,096
  • ping pong screen2.jpg
    ping pong screen2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 582
  • ping pong screen3.JPG
    ping pong screen3.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 559
  • PeonSetv2.rar
    18.5 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Level 25
i'm working on this model whole week :(, i made stand, walk, attack and attack 2 animations with a lot of bugs >.>
i'm not good at unwrap :( so model looks ugly

i hope i will finish it till 17th

Attachments

• battle_machine2.jpg
    battle_machine2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 337
  • battle_machine3.jpg
    battle_machine3.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 344
Hmm, it should be finished, although this is an experimental model. When animating vertices you have to be very careful, it can reach monstrous size. Before removing some unneded keys the size was 50% bigger.

For best performance make the scaling value of 1.5 to 2, attack animation field around .750, and walk animation a 200 or below.

I am still undecided which model to choose.

Attachments

• flamecannon.jpg
    flamecannon.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 543
  • flamecannon.MDX
    77.4 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
i havent posted in a while so here it is.
Kofi's pingpong thing is like ofmg-good. i love the idea except i dont know if pingpong balls would hurt. could have made it so its like baseball and baseball bat. like that machine from mythbusters. and also because baseballs hurt a LOT.
i will have to say skrab's model is pretty cool except i dont like the death animation. looks like he is kinda a melting, not falling apart. i love the spiky mace hand
Lord_T's GruntMolisher is a kickass concept, its so good, i wonder nobody thought of it before.
Mechanical man's flame cannon looks great too but it lacks the recoil motion when attacking. i dont know if that was intentional or not. but it is still good.

and one more thing. is mine still in the competition? cos i didnt get any replies about it. please comment if it looks shit or not. i would like to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.