• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Competition #10 - Elementals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
And HERE is my final submission: Ice Elemental!
If you have any feedback, don't be shy ^^

It's 600 polies (as it's an inferno-like model), It has TC (which can be quite hard to see...... but the inferno doesn't have such a thing), and has plenty of animations:
4 stands, 1 stand ready
2 attacks, 1 attack slam
1 spell, 1 spell slam
1 birth, 1 death
1 walk

Hope you will like it
Nice job Burning_Dragoon5! It looks very good and the animations are really great, especially the Attack Slam and Spell Channel ^^

5/5 - great job!

Level 3
PoisonElementalWIP5.jpg

This looking better?
And like I said, the bottom of the legs will be all cracks and such, as well as have particles. There will also be particles on the eyes and tentacles

Sweeet. ;;D

Are going to have any part of it TeamColored? Just curious

Hmm... Yes, well I'll see what I can do with animations. I just wana get basic ones done first, as I am pressed for time. But I changed the head.

Yeah, like Pyramidhe@d said. ;;D

That reminds me so much of Harmattan from the Dreaming Dark Trilogy a Warforged combined with a Living Blade Barrier spell. That would rock.

Last edited:
Level 13
shit I don't think I can make it...I'm way too lazy to make the walk animation.

I understand you man. Sometimes its just too hard to sit and animate (or model, or texture,...or study lol)

Anyway, Im done with the model. Ill make some sfx now, but Ill submit the model now, check models section.

@SuPa- you are probably right, havent tested in game, but at WE looks good.

EDit: FIxed problem with war3 model editor

Attachments

• LE.jpg
    LE.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 606
  • Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 406
  • paths.jpg
    paths.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 354
  • LightningElemental.zip
    203.3 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Level 13
jig, it would've been even more awesome if you added some lighting nodes, and animate them so that they change ambient intensity, and it would like flash. Now, THAT would've been awesome.

Holy shit. Looks AWESOME. Ty +rep.
edit2:well, I dont know why but the light gave me some errors, I had to remove it.

Updating model

edit: Updated, also I fixed the problem with wa3 model editor

Last edited:
jig, if you still have the old model with lighting node on, I could try to fix it for you. Basically, with lighting nodes it is all about trial and error, cause those things tend to fuck up things a lot of times if not done correctly (mind you, saving lighting node data multiple times in war3modeleditor tends to fag lighting nodes up, so they cover the whole map, don't work, or crash the game).

TDR

TDR

Level 18
Don't push yourself to finish some silly little contest. You already have enough rep and reward icons.

What the heck man, I ain't doing this for rep and icons...I never finish shit on time and it's been a problem for me for a long time, and I really want to get over that, that's why I want to finish before the deadline. Anyway, the winner will be jigrael; that model it's too damn win!

Level 13
jig, if you still have the old model with lighting node on, I could try to fix it for you. Basically, with lighting nodes it is all about trial and error, cause those things tend to fuck up things a lot of times if not done correctly (mind you, saving lighting node data multiple times in war3modeleditor tends to fag lighting nodes up, so they cover the whole map, don't work, or crash the game).

Ty but Ill do it myself. Btw thats exactly the problem, when I import the model it lights the whole map, wich is very anoying.

Come on TDR those animations you did were sweet, to animate you dont need much time, its just that you need to go for it.

What the heck man, I ain't doing this for rep and icons...I never finish shit on time and it's been a problem for me for a long time, and I really want to get over that, that's why I want to finish before the deadline. Anyway, the winner will be jigrael; that model it's too damn win!

Obviously you don't understand that I was being sarcastic.

Level 16
I've just noticed this thread and I read it's history (some time-consuming business) and I really dig Jig's model, while I really hope Supa, TDR and IllidanEvilX will finish theirs since they really, really rock. I know I'm forgetting some models I liked aswell, but these 3 are best imo. keep up the good work (especially you TDR, don't you dare to give up!!!!)

Edit: I forgot exclamation marks

Fire Elemental

Command buttons
BTNPreview.jpgDISBTNPreview.jpg
Model preview image
Preview.jpg
In-game screenshot
In-Game_Screen.jpg
Texture paths:
JASS:
FireDragonElemental.blp
FireDragonElemental_Glow.blp
FireSparks.blp
BlackSmoke1.blp

Edit: Fixed invalid portrait texture paths.

Attachments

• CommandButtons.zip
    18.4 KB · Views: 81
  • FireElemental.zip
    157.2 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
illidan, portrait paths are invalid, fix it :p
Damn. Forgot to changed those. Well, well.. it's updated now. Thanks for reporting.

Illidan, your model is really really good, it's only drawback is missing attack alternate anim. One more thing... you might want to change how he holds his legs while flying because this way he seems like he's not used to flying
Maybe he just doesn't like flying? :p

Level 30
to give myself a real challenge ...
i'm going to start my model now :p
wonder if i'l be done in time ^^
i am good at speed modellin' tough

oh crap .. forgot to say what it excualy is: shade-like soul-sorrow-whatever elemental.
WIP ^^
contestwip1.jpg

EDIT
its to much :/
finished mesh and rig but ... the animations ...
goood luck evrybody

Last edited:
Level 27
And thus concludes Modeling Competition #10. Thank you to all the participants, and consolations for TDR and Supa- who showed excellent WIPs but fell short on time.
The entrants I have are:
Illidan(Evil)X
Jigrael
Burning_Dragoon5
WILLTHEALMIGHTY
PyramidHe@d*
Dionesiist*

*You never sent me a Private Message with your final submission. Shame on you :p Please send me one with the link so I don't have to dig through 50+ pages looking for them.

If your name is not on this list, and you submitted a model Private Message me as soon as possible with a link to your final submission. I will not be held accountable for missing any models if the user does not follow the rules.
--donut3.5--

Status
Not open for further replies.