• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #12 - Females

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hive Workshop Modeling Contest #12!

Contest Theme: Females

The goal of this contest is to make a female version of an already existing WC3 unit.
Contest Rules And Conditions
  1. No submission may violate any Hive Workshop site rules.
  2. The model must follow the current theme. If any model does not fit, a moderator will tell you ASAP as to avoid confusion.
  3. Must contain at minimum the following animations, the rest is up to you:
    • Stand
    • Attack
    • Walk
    • Death
    • Portrait Animation (whether it's for a camera or a separate portrait model)
  4. You have to make sure the model is fully and correctly functional in-game.
  5. You must post at least 1 WIP preview before the deadline.
  6. You may make as many models as you want, however pick only one for the final judge's evaluation.
  7. To qualify for entry, you must post your model(s) in .mdx format, and an in-game screenshot of the model.
  8. You must post your entry before the deadline expires and attach it to a post.
  9. You must make the model for this competition, which means that you cannot use old works.

Prizes And Winnings
  • First Place: 50 reputation points and a special award icon.
  • Second Place: 35 reputation points
  • Third Place: 20 reputation points

Contest Judging And Voting
  • 50 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
    • Score shall be taken out of 50 points,
      • 15 points for mesh (verts and faces)
      • 10 points for animations (or how well Blizzard animations have been used)
      • 10 points for skin (or how well Blizzard skins have been used)
      • 5 points for mechanics (how good does this model look ingame)
      • 5 points for effects (appropriate use of particles, effect geometry, etc.)
      • 5 points for creativity.
  • 50 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
  • Final Score = Judge's Score + (votes/(total votes))*50 = (score)/100

Contest Dates And Deadline

All submissions must be complete and submitted 1 month after the contest is started.
The contest shall begin on January 29th, 2009 and conclude on

February 28th, 0:00 AM, 2009 GMT

Judges
  • LiOneSS
  • DonDustin

Last edited:
Level 26
this just means:

you are not allowed to create a female troll raptor rider for example because those don´t exist in warcraft 3.
But you would be allowed to create a female troll headhunter because those already exist.....but not as females

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
some ideas I'm playing with at the moment, can't decide which one to do :p

Attachments

• Concepts copy.jpg
    Concepts copy.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 322

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Trax said:
Such a terrible Theme..
I agree. We could seriously get some ingenious entries in here if it was just "a female unit to fit a race".

And failing that, reward us for creativity. I.e.
Airhead said:
Correction, if I made a female raptor rider than it could replace the raider, because the Orc and troll races are all considered as the Orc race.
Should totally work out. I mean, it would be cool to see things that, if only loosely, replace the unit. I.e. replace the Tauren (= meat shield) with another meat shield; except it's a Female Orc, buffed up and armed to the teeth (the "Bonecrusher", or something) :p

Xatoga said:
Gr, my Alecstrazsa idea doesn't work then, since I could only make her dragon-form to replace the existing dragon. An' I dunt wanna do that. She don't look all purty-like when she scaley.
Bah, sure it does. Just make Alecstrazsa, human-form (replacement for Sorceress), and her dragon-form (replacement for Gryphon Rider).

AR said:
some ideas I'm playing with at the moment, can't decide which one to do :p
Ooh, the female Blood Mage looks positively psycho. If someone makes an Azula, they automatically win the contest. :p

So what is the blue one a female version of? Yellow = Paladin, Red = Blood Mage...

Correction, if I made a female raptor rider than it could replace the raider, because the Orc and troll races are all considered as the Orc race:wink:.

Unless I'm wrong, mod input to the rescue!

No, like Just Spectating said, if you were to do one of the raider it'd have to be a female orc. You could make the wolf female too, (although that'd kinda be hard to see :p) but the orc would have to be female.

Level 9
Ok, in that case I will just make a female headhunter. Either way, concept art yay! I figured I'd try it this time, considering some of the best models I've seen have them (This is just the head but the body probably wont be that special).

OMG that female Medivh looks like a man trying to look like an ugly hoe!!!

Attachments

• Concept.jpg
    Concept.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 250
Level 14
Dionesiist said:
We can do anything that counts as female, right? If so, then I choose Lady Death.
It's too bad that it's not a female version of anything in WC3, so it doesn't meet the theme requirements. You could do a female Dreadlord, though, which is fairly close to your concept art in most areas.

Level 25
here is my wip
I still can't decide between footwomen, female captain and female knight...

if i want to make footwomen do i have to put the shield in the right hand -.-?
and sword in left hand? or even helmet? >.>
or do i have to use the same texture of the male unit?

the theme is so confusing arghhh >.<

Attachments

• J.jpg
    J.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 374
if i want to make footwomen do i have to put the shield in the right hand -.-?
and sword in left hand? or even helmet? >.>
or do i have to use the same texture of the male unit?

There's no restriction on which textures you use or which hand is carrying which item, as long as it's a female and resembles a similar WC3 unit.

Level 9
YOu don't have to make a footwoman, just make a female human T1 melee fighter

Thank you, this is what I thought but people told me otherwise. That is what the theme was to begin with, you should know, you were the one who proposed it (with any limitations past female) to begin with.

OR! female equivalents of male units, would kinda rock.

So I am making a raptor rider to replace the 2nd tier land mounted melee unit (raider in wc3) and nobody can actually say 'no I can't' because the theme says otherwise.

Yeah, the theme says you can't. "Raptor rider" is not an existing WC3 unit. :p

The goal of this contest is to make a female version of an already existing WC3 unit.

Level 2
Female Undead Abomination
Female Undead Ghoul
Female Murloc, with huge boobs!

well would be cool to see any of these haha :D<3

Can you also change the race?
like... a human necromancer-woman ...?
If So, i'm in.

You can choose any race you want (or even creeps) but the "transformation" has to stay within the race. So you can't do human paladin -> night elf female paladin or something like that.

Aren't necromancers human anyway? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.